Brow lamination is a cosmetic procedure that aims to enhance the appearance of the eyebrows. A succession of specifically designed solutions are applied to the eyebrow hairs throughout the procedure. These treatments aid in relaxing and repositioning the brow hairs, shaping them as desired. Typically, the procedure starts with cleaning the brows, using a lifting solution to shape the hairs into the ideal position and a neutralizing solution to keep them in place.
The brows may be tinted as the last stage to improve their color and definition. For individuals looking for an intense, groomed brow look, brow lamination is a popular procedure that may provide the illusion of more prominent, more defined brows.
What are the benefits of brow lamination?
The main benefit of brow lamination is the look of them.
When done correctly, the brow will lay in a more aesthetically pleasing shape, with the brows looking fuller and more lifted. In addition to smoothing the hairs out, you can also re-shape the brows a little during lamination; for example, raising the arch or lowering the tail to get your desired shape. Brow lamination may help address a variety of concerns you may have with your own brows, such as:
- thinning hair that may occur with age
- gaps in your brows from overplucking or overwaxing in the past
- unruly hairs that tend to go different directions despite brushing them
- a lack of shape or unevenness
Overall, brow lamination is said to make brows look thicker and fuller. Pulling the hairs up vertically may also make it look like you are experiencing new growth. The entire process is also completely non-invasive.
What are the risks and side effects of brow lamination?
While brow lamination is not invasive compared to brow surgery, tattooing, or other related procedures, there are still some side effects to know before booking your appointment. Such risks are mostly related to skin irritation caused by the chemicals. These include:
The side effects may occur directly beneath and above the eyebrows, but they may also extend to your eyelids. This procedure may not be recommended if you have:
- sensitive skin
- a history of contact dermatitis
Just as perming the hair on your head can lead to dryness and damage, brow lamination could potentially damage your eyebrows in the same way. The chemicals used in brow lamination can change the texture of your hair over time, making them more brittle and prone to breakage. Therefore, it is important to follow the aftercare instructions and use nourishing products to keep your brows healthy and hydrated.
How much does brow lamination cost?
The cost of brow lamination varies dramatically depending on the brow artist’s location, skill level, and the service. Oftentimes brow lamination is an additional service, so you’ll be paying for more than just the perm. Generally, cities are more expensive than local towns, ranging from $75 up to $250. You may also want to factor in the cost of maintenance, as brow lamination is not a permanent solution. The results usually last for six to eight weeks, depending on your hair growth cycle and how well you take care of your brows. You may need to book regular appointments to keep your brows looking fresh and fabulous.
How to find a brow lamination provider?
Brow lamination is a relatively new procedure, so not every salon or spa may offer it. You may need to do some research online or ask for recommendations from friends or family who have tried it. When looking for a brow lamination provider, you should consider the following factors:
- their qualifications and experience
- their portfolio and reviews
- their hygiene and safety standards
- their consultation and patch test process
- their aftercare and follow-up service
You should always choose a reputable and licensed brow artist who has been trained and certified in brow lamination. You should also ask to see their previous work and read their customer feedback to get an idea of their quality and style. Before booking your appointment, you should have a consultation and a patch test to discuss your expectations and goals, and to check for any allergies or sensitivities to the products. You should also ask about their aftercare and follow-up service, and what to do in case of any complications or dissatisfaction.
What are the alternatives to brow lamination?
If brow lamination is not for you, or you want to try something different, there are other options available to enhance your brows. Some of the most popular alternatives are:
- Microblading: This is a semi-permanent tattooing technique that creates hair-like strokes on your brows to fill in any gaps or sparse areas. It can last for up to two years, depending on your skin type and lifestyle. However, it can be painful, expensive, and require touch-ups and proper care.
- Brow tinting: This is a temporary dyeing process that adds color and definition to your brows. It can last for up to four weeks, depending on your hair growth and how often you wash your face. It can be done at home or by a professional, and it is relatively cheap and easy. However, it can fade quickly, and it does not change the shape or texture of your brows.
- Brow gel: This is a cosmetic product that coats your brows with a clear or tinted gel to keep them in place and add some shine. It can be applied daily or as needed, and it is very affordable and accessible. However, it can be messy, clumpy, or flaky, and it does not last very long.
Perfect Brows: The Conclusion
Brow lamination is a trendy treatment that can give you the perfect brows you’ve always wanted.
It can make your brows look fuller, smoother, and more defined, without any needles or coloring involved. However, it also has some risks and side effects, and it is not a permanent solution. You should always consult with a professional brow artist before deciding to try brow lamination and follow their aftercare and maintenance advice. You should also explore other alternatives that may suit your needs and preferences better. Whatever you choose, remember that your brows are beautiful and unique, and you should always do what makes you happy and confident.