Eyebrow gel is a cosmetic product that helps shape, define, and set your brows in place. It can also add color, volume, and texture to your brows, depending on the type and shade of the gel. Eyebrow gel is a great way to enhance your natural brows or create a more dramatic look.
In this blog post, we will answer some of the most common questions about eyebrow gel, such as:
- What is eyebrow gel and what does it do?
- How to use eyebrow gel correctly?
- How to remove eyebrow gel easily?
- How to tame your unruly brows with eyebrow gel?
- What is the best eyebrow gel for oily skin?
What is Eyebrow Gel and What Does it Do?
Eyebrow gel is a liquid or gel-like formula that coats your brow hairs and keeps them in place. It can also fill in any gaps or sparse areas in your brows, making them look fuller and more defined. Eyebrow gel can come in clear or tinted versions, depending on your preference and brow color.
Clear eyebrow gel is ideal for people who have thick or dark brows and just want to groom them and keep them in shape. It can also be used as a finishing touch after applying other brow products, such as pencils, powders, or pomades, to seal them in and prevent smudging.
Tinted eyebrow gel is perfect for people who have light or thin brows and want to add some color and dimension to them. It can also be used to match your brows to your hair color or create a contrast for a more striking look. Tinted eyebrow gel can come in different shades, from natural to bold, and can also contain fibers or micro-particles that add volume and texture to your brows.
How to Use Eyebrow Gel Correctly?
Using eyebrow gel is easy and quick, but there are some tips and tricks that can help you achieve the best results. Here are the steps to follow:
- Start with clean and dry brows. If you have any makeup or oil on your brows, use a gentle cleanser or micellar water to remove it. This will help the eyebrow gel adhere better and last longer.
- Brush your brows with a spoolie or a clean mascara wand. This will help you see the natural shape of your brows and remove any excess hairs or flakes.
- Choose the right shade and type of eyebrow gel for your brows. If you are using a clear gel, you can skip this step. If you are using a tinted gel, make sure to pick a shade that matches or complements your brow color. You can also mix different shades to create your own custom color. If you are using a gel with fibers or micro-particles, make sure to shake the tube well before applying to distribute them evenly.
- Apply the eyebrow gel with the applicator brush or wand. Start from the inner corner of your brow and work your way outwards, following the direction of your hair growth. Use short and light strokes to coat your brow hairs and fill in any gaps. You can also use the tip of the applicator to create more precise strokes or define the tail of your brow. If you are using a clear gel, you can apply it over your entire brow. If you are using a tinted gel, you can apply it only on the areas that need more color or definition.
- Blend the eyebrow gel with a spoolie or a clean mascara wand. This will help you distribute the product evenly and remove any excess or clumps. You can also use the spoolie to shape your brows and create your desired arch or angle. If you want a more natural look, you can brush your brows upwards and outwards for a feathery effect. If you want a more polished look, you can brush your brows downwards and sideways for a sleek effect.
- Let the eyebrow gel dry completely. This may take a few minutes, depending on the formula and the amount of product you used. Avoid touching or rubbing your brows until the gel is dry, as this may cause smudging or flaking. Once the gel is dry, your brows are set and ready to go!
How to Remove Eyebrow Gel Easily?
Removing eyebrow gel is also simple and fast, but you need to use the right products and methods to avoid damaging your brows or irritating your skin. Here are the steps to follow:
- Use a gentle makeup remover or micellar water to dissolve the eyebrow gel. You can use a cotton pad, a cotton swab, or your fingers to apply the product on your brows. Gently massage the product into your brows, using circular motions, until the gel starts to break down and come off.
- Wipe off the eyebrow gel with a clean tissue or a damp cloth. Be careful not to pull or tug on your brow hairs, as this may cause them to fall out or break. Use gentle and smooth motions to wipe off the gel and any residue from your brows and the surrounding skin.
- Rinse your brows and face with lukewarm water. This will help you remove any traces of the makeup remover or micellar water and refresh your skin. You can also use a mild cleanser or face wash to cleanse your face and brows, if you prefer.
- Pat your brows and face dry with a soft towel. Avoid rubbing or scrubbing your brows or skin, as this may cause irritation or redness. You can also apply a moisturizer or a brow serum to hydrate and nourish your brows and skin, if you like.
How to Tame Your Unruly Brows with Eyebrow Gel?
If you have unruly brows that are hard to shape or keep in place, eyebrow gel can be your best friend. Eyebrow gel can help you tame your wild brows and create a more groomed and flattering look. Here are some tips on how to use eyebrow gel to tame your unruly brows:
- Trim your brows regularly. If your brows are too long or bushy, they may look messy or unruly, even with eyebrow gel. To trim your brows, use a pair of small scissors and a spoolie. Brush your brows upwards with the spoolie and trim any hairs that stick out above your natural brow line. Then, brush your brows downwards with the spoolie and trim any hairs that stick out below your natural brow line. Be careful not to over-trim or cut too close to your skin, as this may create gaps or holes in your brows.
- Pluck your brows sparingly. If your brows are too thick or dense, they may look heavy or overpowering, even with eyebrow gel. To pluck your brows, use a pair of tweezers and a mirror. Pluck any stray hairs that grow outside your natural brow shape, such as between your brows, above your brows, or below your brows. Follow your natural brow arch and avoid plucking too much from the inner or outer corners of your brows, as this may make them look too thin or uneven. Be careful not to over-pluck or pluck too close to your skin, as this may cause ingrown hairs or infections.
- Use a clear eyebrow gel for a natural look. If you want to tame your unruly brows without changing their color or texture, a clear eyebrow gel is your best option. A clear eyebrow gel will coat your brow hairs and keep them in place, without adding any pigment or shine. It will also give your brows a soft and flexible hold, without making them look stiff or crunchy. A clear eyebrow gel is also great for blending other brow products, such as pencils, powders, or pomades, and making them last longer.
- Use a tinted eyebrow gel for a more defined look. If you want to tame your unruly brows and also add some color and dimension to them, a tinted eyebrow gel is your best choice. A tinted eyebrow gel will coat your brow hairs and keep them in place, while also adding some pigment and shine. It will also give your brows a more voluminous and textured look, especially if it contains fibers or micro-particles. A tinted eyebrow gel is also great for filling in any gaps or sparse areas in your brows and making them look fuller and more defined.
What is the Best Eyebrow Gel for Oily Skin?
If you have oily skin, you may find it challenging to keep your eyebrow gel in place and prevent it from smudging or fading throughout the day. To avoid this, you need to choose an eyebrow gel that is suitable for oily skin and has some features that can help it last longer and perform better. Here are some of the features to look for when choosing the best eyebrow gel for oily skin:
- Waterproof or water-resistant. A waterproof or water-resistant eyebrow gel will resist sweat, humidity, and water, and stay put on your brows, even if your skin gets oily. It will also prevent your brow color from running or bleeding and ruining your makeup. A waterproof or water-resistant eyebrow gel may be harder to remove, so you will need a good makeup remover or micellar water to take it off at the end of the day.
- Long-lasting or long-wearing. A long-lasting or long-wearing eyebrow gel will have a strong hold and a durable formula that will keep your brows in shape and color for hours, even if your skin gets oily. It will also prevent your brow color from fading or transferring and losing its intensity. A long-lasting or long-wearing eyebrow gel may be more drying, so you will need to moisturize your brows and skin after removing it.
- Matte or semi-matte. A matte or semi-matte eyebrow gel will have a flat or slightly shiny finish that will match your natural brow hair and look more realistic, even if your skin gets oily. It will also prevent your brow color from looking too shiny or greasy and clashing with your skin tone. A matte or semi-matte eyebrow gel may be more natural-looking, but it may also be less volumizing or texturizing than a glossy or shimmery one.
- Oil-free or oil-absorbing. An oil-free or oil-absorbing eyebrow gel will have a lightweight and non-greasy formula that will not clog your pores or cause breakouts on your skin. It will also help absorb any excess oil from your skin and keep your brows and forehead matte and fresh. An oil-free or oil-absorbing eyebrow gel may be more suitable for sensitive or acne-prone skin, but it may also be less moisturizing or nourishing than an oil-based or oil-infused one.
Some examples of the best eyebrow gels for oily skin are:
- [Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel]: This is a clear, waterproof, and long-lasting eyebrow gel that gives your brows a firm and flexible hold, without making them stiff or flaky. It also has a lightweight and oil-free formula that does not clog your pores or irritate your skin. It is ideal for setting and blending any brow product or enhancing your natural brows.
- [Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Volumizing Eyebrow Gel]: This is a tinted, water-resistant, and long-wearing eyebrow gel that adds color, volume, and texture to your brows, thanks to its micro-fibers and micro-particles. It also has a matte and oil-free formula that does not smudge or fade on your skin. It comes in 10 shades, from light to dark, to match any brow color.
- [NYX Professional Makeup Control Freak Eyebrow Gel]: This is a clear, water-resistant, and long-lasting eyebrow gel that gives your brows a smooth and controlled look, without making them sticky or crunchy. It also has an oil-absorbing and oil-free formula that keeps your brows and forehead matte and oil-free. It is perfect for taming and grooming any brow shape or style.
Eyebrow gel is a versatile and easy-to-use product that can help you achieve any brow look you want, from natural to dramatic. It can also help you tame your unruly brows and keep them in place all day long, even if you have oily skin. All you need to do is choose the right eyebrow gel for your brows and skin, and follow the simple steps to apply and remove it. Eyebrow gel can make a big difference in your appearance and confidence, so give it a try and see for yourself!
I hope this blog post was helpful and informative for you. If you have any questions or feedback, please leave a comment below. Thank you for reading!