Have you ever wondered if you can use a sharpie marker to fill in your eyebrows? Maybe you have sparse or light brows, and you want to make them look fuller and darker. Or maybe you just want to try something fun and different for a change. Whatever your reason, you might be tempted to grab a sharpie and draw on your brows. But is it a good idea? What are the pros and cons of using a sharpie for eyebrows? And what are some alternatives that might work better? In this blog post, we will answer these questions and more. Let’s get started!
What are sharpie eyebrows?
Sharpie eyebrows are exactly what they sound like: eyebrows that are drawn on with a sharpie marker. A sharpie is a type of permanent marker that comes in various colors and tip sizes. Some people use a sharpie to fill in their natural brows, while others use it to create a completely new shape or style. Sharpie eyebrows are not a new trend; they have been around for a long time, especially in some subcultures and communities. However, they have also gained some popularity in recent years, thanks to social media and celebrities.
Why do people use sharpie for eyebrows?
There are many reasons why someone might use a sharpie for eyebrows. Some of the most common ones are:
- To save time and money. A sharpie is cheap and easy to use, and it lasts for a long time. You don’t need to buy any special products or tools, or spend hours in front of the mirror. You just draw on your brows and you’re done.
- To achieve a bold and dramatic look. A sharpie can create a very intense and defined brow, which can make a statement and stand out. Some people like to experiment with different colors and shapes, or match their brows to their hair or outfit.
- To cover up sparse or light brows. A sharpie can fill in any gaps or areas where the hair is thin or missing. It can also darken the color of the brows, making them more visible and defined.
- To have fun and express themselves. A sharpie can be a creative and playful way to change up your look and show your personality. Some people use a sharpie for eyebrows as a form of art, humor, or self-expression.
What are the risks of using sharpie for eyebrows?
While using a sharpie for eyebrows might seem like a quick and easy solution, it also comes with some risks and drawbacks. Some of the most important ones are:
- It can damage your skin and hair. A sharpie contains harsh chemicals that are not meant to be used on your skin or hair. They can cause irritation, inflammation, dryness, or allergic reactions. They can also clog your pores, leading to acne or infections. Moreover, they can damage your hair follicles, preventing them from growing back or causing them to fall out.
- It can look unnatural and unflattering. A sharpie can create a very harsh and unnatural brow, which can clash with your skin tone, hair color, and facial features. It can also be difficult to match the color and shape of your brows, resulting in uneven or asymmetrical brows. Furthermore, it can be hard to remove, leaving stains or traces on your skin or hair.
- It can attract unwanted attention and judgment. A sharpie can draw a lot of attention to your brows, which might not be what you want. Some people might find your brows amusing, while others might find them offensive or inappropriate. You might also face criticism or ridicule from your friends, family, or strangers. This can affect your self-esteem and confidence, or make you feel uncomfortable or embarrassed.
What are some alternatives to sharpie eyebrows?
If you are looking for a way to enhance your brows, but you don’t want to use a sharpie, there are many alternatives that you can try. Some of the most popular ones are:
- Eyebrow pencil. An eyebrow pencil is a makeup product that is designed to fill in and shape your brows. It comes in various colors and textures, and it is easy to apply and blend. You can use it to create a natural or dramatic look, depending on your preference.
- Eyebrow powder. An eyebrow powder is a makeup product that is similar to eyeshadow, but it is specially formulated for your brows. It comes in various colors and finishes, and it is easy to apply and blend with a brush. You can use it to create a soft and natural look, or layer it for more intensity.
- Eyebrow gel. An eyebrow gel is a makeup product that is similar to mascara, but it is specially formulated for your brows. It comes in various colors and textures, and it is easy to apply and comb with a wand. You can use it to set and shape your brows, or add color and volume.
- Eyebrow pomade. An eyebrow pomade is a makeup product that is similar to cream or wax, but it is specially formulated for your brows. It comes in various colors and textures, and it is easy to apply and sculpt with a brush. You can use it to create a bold and defined look, or smudge it for a softer effect. You can also find waterproof or long-lasting formulas.
- Eyebrow tint. An eyebrow tint is a semi-permanent dye that is applied to your brows to change their color and enhance their shape. It can last for several weeks, depending on the product and your hair growth. You can get it done by a professional or do it yourself at home with a kit. You can choose from various shades and intensities, depending on your preference.
- Microblading. Microblading is a semi-permanent tattoo technique that is used to create realistic and natural-looking brows. It involves using a fine blade to deposit pigment into the skin, creating hair-like strokes that mimic your natural brows. It can last for up to two years, depending on the product and your skin type. You can get it done by a certified technician, who will customize the shape, color, and density of your brows according to your face and preference.
Here are some frequently asked questions about sharpie eyebrows and their alternatives:
- Q: How do I remove sharpie from my eyebrows?
- A: The best way to remove sharpie from your eyebrows is to use an oil-based product, such as baby oil, coconut oil, or olive oil. Apply the oil to a cotton pad or a tissue, and gently rub it over your brows until the sharpie comes off. You might need to repeat this process several times, depending on how much sharpie you used. You can also use a gentle cleanser or makeup remover afterwards to remove any residue or oil.
- Q: How do I choose the right color for my eyebrows?
- A: The right color for your eyebrows depends on your skin tone, hair color, and personal preference. As a general rule, you want to choose a color that is one or two shades darker than your natural hair color, or one or two shades lighter than your dyed hair color. You also want to choose a color that matches the undertone of your skin, whether it is warm, cool, or neutral. You can test the color on your hand or on a small area of your brow before applying it to your entire brows.
- Q: How do I shape my eyebrows?
- A: The best way to shape your eyebrows is to follow your natural bone structure and hair growth. You can use a pencil or a brush to measure the ideal start, arch, and end of your brows, according to your face shape and features. You can then use a pair of tweezers, scissors, or a razor to trim and pluck any excess or stray hairs. You can also use a stencil or a template to guide you, or visit a professional for a more precise and customized shape.
- Q: How do I make my eyebrows look natural?
- A: The key to making your eyebrows look natural is to use light and feathery strokes, and to blend well. You want to avoid drawing harsh or solid lines, or filling in your brows too densely. You also want to use a color that matches your natural hair color, or a slightly lighter shade. You can also use a spoolie or a brush to comb and soften your brows, or a clear gel to set and groom them.
- Q: How do I take care of my eyebrows?
- A: The best way to take care of your eyebrows is to keep them clean and moisturized, and to avoid over-plucking or over-drawing them. You can use a gentle cleanser or makeup remover to remove any dirt, oil, or makeup from your brows. You can also use a moisturizer or a serum to hydrate and nourish your brows, and to promote their growth and health. You can also use a sunscreen or a hat to protect your brows from sun damage, and to prevent them from fading or changing color.