Have you ever felt pressured to look perfect or fit into unrealistic standards of beauty? If so, you are not alone. Many people struggle with self-acceptance and mental health issues due to the constant bombardment of flawless images and messages in the media and society. That is why Selena Gomez, the pop star and actress, decided to create Rare Beauty, a makeup brand that aims to break down these barriers and empower people to embrace their uniqueness.
Background of the Brand
Rare Beauty was launched in September 2020, after two years of development and testing. Selena Gomez wanted to create a brand that reflects her personal journey with beauty and mental health, as well as her vision of making a positive impact on the world. She said, “I wanted to make a brand where you feel comfortable. It’s not about looking like someone else. Maybe you’ll find a shade that you love, or a product that you didn’t think you could use before. I just want you to feel like you’re in a community where you feel rare.“
Rare Beauty is more than just a makeup brand. It is also a social movement that advocates for self-love, diversity, and inclusion. The brand has a diverse and inclusive team of employees, collaborators, and models, who represent different backgrounds, cultures, and identities. The brand also supports mental health awareness and education through the Rare Impact Fund, which donates 1% of its annual sales to organizations that provide mental health services to underserved communities.
Rare Beauty offers a range of makeup products that are designed to be easy to use, blendable, and buildable. The products are also vegan, cruelty-free, and formulated without parabens, sulfates, phthalates, or mineral oil. Some of the best-selling products are:
- Soft Pinch Liquid Blush: A lightweight, long-lasting liquid blush that gives a natural flush of color to the cheeks. It comes in two finishes: matte and dewy, and eight shades: Bliss, Joy, Grace, Love, Happy, Faith, Lucky, and Grateful.
- Positive Light Liquid Luminizer: A silky, smooth liquid highlighter that adds a radiant glow to the skin. It comes in eight shades: Enlighten, Mesmerize, Transcend, Flaunt, Captivate, Reflect, Ignite, and Outshine.
- Lip Soufflé Matte Lip Cream: A whipped, airy lip cream that delivers a soft, velvety matte finish. It is infused with nourishing ingredients like avocado oil and hyaluronic acid to hydrate and plump the lips. It comes in 12 shades: Inspire, Fearless, Brave, Ascend, Strengthen, Heroic, Transform, Daring, Motivate, Energize, Thrilling, and Courage.
Rare Beauty has received rave reviews from customers, influencers, and beauty experts alike. The brand has a 4.6 out of 5 stars rating on Sephora, based on over 50,000 reviews. Some of the common praises are:
- The products are high-quality, pigmented, and long-lasting.
- The products are easy to apply, blend, and layer.
- The products feel lightweight, comfortable, and breathable on the skin.
- The products suit a variety of skin tones, types, and preferences.
- The products are affordable, considering the quality and quantity.
- The packaging is sleek, elegant, and functional.
Some of the common criticisms are:
- The products are not widely available, as they are exclusive to Sephora and Rare Beauty’s website.
- The products are sometimes out of stock, due to high demand.
- The products may cause allergic reactions or breakouts for some people, depending on their skin sensitivity.
- The products may not be suitable for people who prefer full-coverage or matte makeup.
If you are looking for cheaper or more accessible alternatives to Rare Beauty products, you may want to check out these dupes:
- Soft Pinch Liquid Blush: A dupe for this product is the Milani Cheek Kiss Liquid Blush, which retails for $9.99 USD and comes in six shades. It has a similar lightweight, blendable, and long-lasting formula, but with a more sheer and natural finish.
- Positive Light Liquid Luminizer: A dupe for this product is the Maybelline Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter, which retails for $9.99 USD and comes in four shades. It has a similar silky, smooth, and radiant formula, but with a more intense and metallic finish.
- Lip Soufflé Matte Lip Cream: A dupe for this product is the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream, which retails for $6.50 USD and comes in 38 shades. It has a similar whipped, airy, and matte formula, but with a more drying and less hydrating feel.
Coupon Codes and Loyalty Programs
If you want to save some money or get some perks when shopping for Rare Beauty products, you may want to take advantage of these coupon codes and loyalty programs:
- Sephora Beauty Insider: This is Sephora’s free loyalty program that rewards you with points, discounts, free samples, and exclusive offers every time you shop at Sephora. You can also redeem your points for Rare Beauty products or experiences in the Rewards Bazaar.
- Rare Beauty Rewards: This is Rare Beauty’s free loyalty program that rewards you with points, discounts, free shipping, and early access to new products every time you shop at Rare Beauty’s website. You can also redeem your points for Rare Beauty merch or donations to the Rare Impact Fund.
- Honey: This is a free browser extension that automatically finds and applies the best coupon codes for you when you shop online. You can use it to save money on Rare Beauty products at Sephora or Rare Beauty’s website.
Here are some frequently asked questions about Rare Beauty and their answers:
- Is Rare Beauty cruelty-free and vegan? Yes, Rare Beauty is cruelty-free and vegan. The brand does not test on animals, nor does it use any animal-derived ingredients or by-products in its products.
- Is Rare Beauty gluten-free and fragrance-free? Yes, Rare Beauty is gluten-free and fragrance-free. The brand does not use any gluten or fragrance in its products.
- Is Rare Beauty clean and non-comedogenic? Yes, Rare Beauty is clean and non-comedogenic. The brand does not use any harmful or pore-clogging ingredients in its products, such as parabens, sulfates, phthalates, or mineral oil.
- Where can I buy Rare Beauty products? You can buy Rare Beauty products at Sephora stores or online, or at Rare Beauty’s website.
- How can I contact Rare Beauty customer service? You can contact Rare Beauty customer service by email at [email protected], by phone at 1-888-525-2743, or by chat on their website.
Rare Beauty is a makeup brand that celebrates your uniqueness and encourages you to feel good in your own skin. The brand offers a range of makeup products that are easy to use, blendable, and buildable, as well as vegan, cruelty-free, and clean. The brand also supports mental health awareness and education through the Rare Impact Fund, which donates 1% of its annual sales to organizations that provide mental health services to underserved communities. If you are looking for a makeup brand that aligns with your values and preferences, you may want to give Rare Beauty a try. You can find Rare Beauty products at Sephora or Rare Beauty’s website, and use coupon codes and loyalty programs to save money and get perks. You can also join the Rare Beauty community on social media and share your #RareRoutine with other fans. Remember, you are rare, and you are beautiful.