If you are looking for a powder foundation that fits your skin tone and texture, and gives you a poreless and matte finish, you might want to check out Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Pressed Powder. This product is part of the Fit Me range, which is designed to match natural skin tones and blur imperfections. In this blog post, I will tell you why this product is a must buy, where you can get it, what other people think of it, what are its pros and cons, how it compares to other products in the same category, what are some dupes, and some frequently asked questions. Let’s get started!
Why It Is a Must Buy
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Pressed Powder is a must buy for several reasons. First of all, it has a lightweight and breathable formula that applies evenly and smoothly on the skin. It does not cake, crease, or settle into fine lines. It also has micro-powders that absorb oil and minimize pores, giving you a natural and flawless look. Second, it has a wide range of shades to suit different skin tones and undertones. You can easily find your perfect match using the Foundation Finder tool on the Maybelline website. Third, it is versatile and long-lasting. You can wear it alone or on top of your liquid foundation for extra coverage and shine control. It lasts for up to 16 hours, so you don’t have to worry about touch-ups throughout the day. Fourth, it is affordable and accessible. You can get it for only $8.49, and it is available in most drugstores, supermarkets, and online platforms. It is also dermatologist tested, allergy tested, and non-comedogenic, so it is safe and suitable for normal to oily skin types.
Price and Availability
As I mentioned, Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Pressed Powder is priced at $8.49. You can buy it from the official Maybelline website, or from other online retailers such as Amazon. It comes in a compact case with a mirror and a sponge applicator, which makes it convenient to use and carry around.
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Pressed Powder has received mostly positive reviews from customers and beauty experts. On the Maybelline website, it has an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars, based on 1,078 reviews. Most reviewers praised its smooth and natural finish, its oil control and pore blurring effects, its shade range and match, and its affordability and quality. Some of the negative comments were about its lack of coverage, its tendency to oxidize or darken on the skin, and its packaging and applicator. Here are some of the reviews I found:
- “I love this powder! It sets my foundation perfectly and gives me a matte finish without looking cakey or dry. It also keeps my oily T-zone in check and makes my pores look smaller. I use the shade 120 Classic Ivory and it matches my skin tone very well. It is also very affordable and easy to find. I highly recommend it!” – Anna, 5 stars
- “This powder is okay, but not great. It does mattify the skin, but it does not provide much coverage. It also oxidizes on me and makes me look orange. I have to use a lighter shade than my usual one. It also comes with a sponge that is not very good. I prefer to use a brush or a puff. It is not a bad product, but I think there are better ones out there.” – Bea, 3 stars
- “I hate this powder. It makes me look like a ghost. It is too light and too pink for my skin tone. I use the shade 220 Natural Beige, which is supposed to be for medium skin with warm undertones, but it looks nothing like that. It also cakes up on my skin and accentuates my dry patches and wrinkles. It is a waste of money. Do not buy it.” – Cathy, 1 star
Pros and Cons
Based on the information and reviews I gathered, here are some of the pros and cons of Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Pressed Powder:
- Lightweight and breathable formula
- Smooth and natural finish
- Oil control and pore blurring effects
- Wide range of shades to fit different skin tones and undertones
- Versatile and long-lasting
- Affordable and accessible
- Dermatologist tested, allergy tested, and non-comedogenic
- Lack of coverage
- Tendency to oxidize or darken on the skin
- Packaging and applicator
Other Products in the Same Category
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Pressed Powder is not the only powder foundation in the market. There are other products in the same category that you might want to consider. Here are some of them:
- L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Powder: This powder claims to provide 16-hour matte coverage and resist sweat, heat, and humidity. It has a creamy texture that glides on the skin and blends easily. It also has a sponge and a mirror in the compact. It costs $9.99 and has 8 shades available.
- Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder: This powder promises to control shine and minimize pores for up to 16 hours. It has a lightweight and oil-free formula that does not clog pores or cause breakouts. It also has a soft and smooth texture that does not cake or fade. It costs $12.79 and has 6 shades available.
- Wet n Wild Photo Focus Pressed Powder: This powder claims to deliver flawless and camera-ready skin. It has a high-performing and skin-perfecting formula that sets makeup and reduces shine. It also has a satin and silky finish that does not flash back or create a white cast. It costs $4.99 and has 8 shades available.
If you are looking for cheaper or more accessible alternatives to Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Pressed Powder, you might want to try some of these dupes:
- Essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder: This powder is a translucent and mattifying powder that sets makeup and controls shine. It has a soft and smooth texture that blends well on the skin. It costs $3.99 and has one universal shade that suits all skin tones.
- Nichido Final Powder: This powder is a loose and translucent powder that gives a matte and flawless finish. It has a fine and silky texture that does not settle into lines or pores. It costs $4.14 and has 4 shades available.
- Ever Bilena Advance Two Way Cake: This powder is a dual-purpose powder that can be used wet or dry. It has a creamy and velvety texture that covers blemishes and evens out skin tone. It costs $9.95 and has 6 shades available.
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Pressed Powder:
- How do I choose the right shade for me? You can use the Foundation Finder tool on the Maybelline website to find your perfect shade. You just need to answer a few questions about your skin tone, undertone, and preference. You can also swatch the product on your jawline or neck and see which one matches your skin the best.
- How do I apply the product? You can use the included sponge, a brush, or a puff to apply the product. If you use the sponge, you can dab it on the powder and press it on your skin. If you use a brush or a puff, you can swirl it on the powder and sweep it on your skin. You can apply it all over your face or on the areas where you need more coverage or oil control. You can also use it to set your liquid foundation or concealer.
- How do I prevent the product from oxidizing or darkening on my skin? Oxidation or darkening of the product can be caused by several factors, such as your skin’s natural oils, pH level, humidity, and sun exposure. To prevent this, you can do the following:
- Choose a shade that is slightly lighter than your skin tone, as the product tends to darken after application.
- Use a primer before applying the product, as this can create a barrier between your skin and the product and prevent it from reacting with your skin’s oils.
- Use a setting spray after applying the product, as this can lock in the product and prevent it from fading or changing color.
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Pressed Powder is a great product for anyone who wants a powder foundation that fits their skin tone and texture, and gives them a poreless and matte finish. It has many benefits, such as its lightweight and breathable formula, its oil control and pore blurring effects, its wide range of shades to fit different skin tones and undertones, its versatility and longevity, its affordability and accessibility, and its safety and suitability for normal to oily skin types. It also has some drawbacks, such as its lack of coverage, its tendency to oxidize or darken on the skin, and its packaging and applicator. However, these can be overcome by choosing the right shade, using a primer and a setting spray, and using a different tool to apply the product. Overall, this product is worth trying and buying, especially if you are looking for a powder foundation that can give you a natural and flawless look. I hope you enjoyed this blog post and learned something new about Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Pressed Powder. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below. Thank you for reading and have a great day!