If you’re a fan of rosy, neutral eyeshadows, you might want to check out the Lorac Pro Palette 4, the latest addition to the iconic Pro series. This palette offers a variety of shades, from soft beiges and pinks to deep plums and blacks, that can create romantic and sophisticated looks for any occasion. In this review, I’ll share with you the pros and cons of this palette, swatches of all the shades, and some tips on how to use it.
What is the Lorac Pro Palette 4?
The Lorac Pro Palette 4 is a 16-pan eyeshadow palette that contains eight matte and eight shimmer shades. The palette has a rosy, neutral theme, with some cool and warm tones mixed in. The shades are:
- Chantilly: a light cream matte
- Brûlée: a medium cream matte
- Pecan: a light gray/brown matte
- Rose Bud: a light pink plum matte
- Warm Ginger: a light butterscotch matte
- Cognac: a cool light brown matte
- Amaretto: a red/orange brown matte
- Black Currant: a deep plum matte
- Soft Pearl: a cool pink pearl shimmer
- Iced Rose: a rose pearl shimmer
- Silver Mauve: a silver mauve shimmer
- Begonia: a bright pink pearl shimmer
- Candlelight: a light yellow gold shimmer
- Merlot: a deep red pink pearl shimmer
- Java: a medium brown pearl shimmer
- Midnight: a glitter blackest black shimmer
The palette also comes with a mini Behind The Scenes Eye Primer, which claims to help the eyeshadows last longer and prevent creasing.
What are the pros and cons of the Lorac Pro Palette 4?
The Lorac Pro Palette 4 has some advantages and disadvantages that you should consider before buying it. Here are some of them:
- The eyeshadows are very pigmented and easy to blend. They have a velvety smooth texture that glides on the lids without much fallout.
- The eyeshadows can be used wet or dry, depending on the intensity and finish you want. You can also use them as eyeliners or brow fillers with a damp brush.
- The palette has a good balance of matte and shimmer shades, as well as light and dark shades. You can create a variety of looks, from natural and soft to dramatic and smoky, with this palette.
- The palette has a sleek and sturdy packaging that is travel-friendly and comes with a large mirror. The eyeshadows are also arranged in a logical order, with the mattes on the top row and the shimmers on the bottom row.
- The eyeshadows are very soft and powdery, which can cause some kickback in the pan and wastage of product. You need to use a light hand and tap off the excess before applying them.
- The eyeshadows are not very long-lasting, even with the primer. They tend to fade and crease after a few hours, especially the darker and shimmery shades. You might need to use a different primer or set them with a spray to make them last longer.
- The palette is not very unique or innovative, as it has similar shades and finishes to other palettes on the market. If you already have a lot of rosy, neutral eyeshadows, you might not need this palette.
How do I use the Lorac Pro Palette 4?
The Lorac Pro Palette 4 is very versatile and easy to use, as you can mix and match the shades to create different looks. Here are some general tips on how to use it:
- Apply the primer all over your lids and blend it well. This will help the eyeshadows adhere better and last longer.
- Use a fluffy brush to apply a matte shade from the top row as your transition color. This will help you blend the other shades and create a seamless gradient.
- Use a smaller brush to apply a darker matte shade from the top row to your crease and outer corner. This will add depth and dimension to your eyes.
- Use a flat brush to apply a shimmer shade from the bottom row to your lid. You can use it dry for a subtle shimmer or wet for a more metallic finish. You can also use your finger to apply it for more intensity.
- Use a pencil brush to apply a dark shimmer shade from the bottom row to your lower lash line. This will add some sparkle and definition to your eyes.
- Use a small brush to apply a light shimmer shade from the bottom row to your inner corner and brow bone. This will highlight and brighten your eyes.
- Finish your look with mascara and eyeliner of your choice.
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Lorac Pro Palette 4:
- Q: How much does the Lorac Pro Palette 4 cost and where can I buy it?
- A: The Lorac Pro Palette 4 costs $44.00 for 0.32 oz. of product, which is a reasonable price for a high-end palette. You can buy it from the official Lorac website, Ulta, or Kohl’s.
- Q: Is the Lorac Pro Palette 4 cruelty-free and vegan?
- A: According to the Lorac website, the Lorac Pro Palette 4 is cruelty-free, meaning that it is not tested on animals. However, it is not vegan, meaning that it contains some animal-derived ingredients, such as carmine and beeswax.
- Q: How does the Lorac Pro Palette 4 compare to other Lorac Pro Palettes?
- A: The Lorac Pro Palette 4 is similar to the other Lorac Pro Palettes in terms of quality, formula, and packaging. However, it has a different color scheme and theme. The Lorac Pro Palette 1 is a classic neutral palette with warm and cool tones. The Lorac Pro Palette 2 is a cool-toned palette with some pops of color. The Lorac Pro Palette 3 is a warm-toned palette with some rosy and bronze shades. The Lorac Pro Palette 4 is a rosy, neutral palette with some mauve and plum shades.
The Lorac Pro Palette 4 is a beautiful and versatile palette that can suit anyone who loves rosy, neutral eyeshadows. It has a great pigmentation, blendability, and texture, but it also has some drawbacks, such as fallout, fading, and creasing. It is not a very unique or innovative palette, but it is a solid and reliable palette that can create many different looks. If you’re looking for a new eyeshadow palette to add to your collection, you might want to give the Lorac Pro Palette 4 a try.
I hope you enjoyed this blog post and found it helpful. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below. Thank you for reading!