If you are looking for a lightweight, natural-looking, and oil-free base product, you might want to check out Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil-Free. This is a cult-favorite product that has been recently reformulated to remove parabens and add more skin-friendly ingredients. In this blog post, I will share with you my review of this product, including its pros and cons, how to apply it, and who it is suitable for. I will also answer some frequently asked questions that you might have about this product. Let’s get started!
What is Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil-Free?
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil-Free is a tinted moisturizer that provides sheer to medium coverage with a demi-matte finish. It is designed to hydrate, protect, and perfect your skin without feeling heavy or greasy. It contains SPF 30 to shield your skin from harmful sun rays, as well as antioxidants and botanical extracts to nourish and soothe your skin. It comes in 20 shades that range from fair to deep, so you can find your perfect match.
What are the benefits of Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil-Free?
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil-Free has many benefits for your skin and your makeup routine. Here are some of them:
- It moisturizes your skin for up to 24 hours, thanks to the macadamia and kukui seed oils that lock in moisture and prevent water loss.
- It evens out your skin tone and covers minor imperfections, such as redness, blemishes, and dark circles, while letting your natural beauty shine through.
- It gives your skin a healthy glow and a smooth texture, without looking cakey or oily.
- It is suitable for all skin types, especially for oily, combination, and sensitive skin, as it is non-comedogenic, fragrance-free, and dermatologist-tested.
- It is easy to apply and blend, either with your fingers, a sponge, or a brush, depending on your preference and the level of coverage you want.
- It is long-lasting and does not oxidize, fade, or transfer throughout the day.
- It is versatile and can be used alone or mixed with other products, such as foundation, concealer, or highlighter, to create different looks.
What are the drawbacks of Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil-Free?
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil-Free is not a perfect product, and it may have some drawbacks for some people. Here are some of them:
- It contains oxybenzone, a chemical sunscreen ingredient that has been banned in some places due to its potential harm to coral reefs and marine life. If you are concerned about the environmental impact of your beauty products, you may want to avoid this ingredient or look for alternatives.
- It may be too sheer for some people who prefer more coverage or have more noticeable skin issues. If you need more coverage, you may have to layer another product on top or use a concealer for spot correction.
- It is pricey compared to some other tinted moisturizers on the market. It costs $49 for 1.7 oz, which is about $28.82 per ounce. If you are on a budget, you may want to look for cheaper options or wait for a sale or a discount.
How to apply Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil-Free?
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil-Free is very easy to apply and blend. You can use different methods and tools to achieve different results. Here are some tips on how to apply it:
- Start with clean, moisturized, and primed skin. You can use your regular skincare products or Laura Mercier’s own primers, such as the Pure Canvas Primer Hydrating or the Pure Canvas Primer Blurring.
- Squeeze a small amount of the product onto the back of your hand or a palette. You can adjust the amount depending on how much coverage you want. A pea-sized amount is usually enough for a sheer coverage, while a dime-sized amount can give you a medium coverage.
- Apply the product to your face using your preferred tool. You can use your fingers, a sponge, or a brush. If you use your fingers, dot the product on your forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin, and then blend it outwards with gentle tapping motions. If you use a sponge, dampen it slightly and then bounce it on your skin to blend the product. If you use a brush, use a stippling or buffing motion to spread the product evenly. Make sure to blend well around your hairline, jawline, and ears to avoid any harsh lines or patches.
- Set the product with a powder if you want a more matte finish or if you have very oily skin. You can use Laura Mercier’s Translucent Loose Setting Powder or any other powder of your choice. Use a fluffy brush to lightly dust the powder over your face, focusing on the areas where you tend to get shiny, such as the T-zone.
- Finish the rest of your makeup as usual. You can add some blush, bronzer, highlighter, or any other products that you like to complete your look. You can also mix the tinted moisturizer with other products, such as foundation, concealer, or highlighter, to create different effects.
Who is Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil-Free for?
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil-Free is for anyone who wants a lightweight, natural-looking, and oil-free base product that hydrates, protects, and perfects their skin. It is especially suitable for people who have oily, combination, or sensitive skin, as it does not clog pores, cause irritation, or make the skin look greasy. It is also ideal for people who want a simple, quick, and easy makeup routine, as it is a multitasking product that can be used alone or with other products. It is also great for people who want a versatile product that can be used for different occasions, from casual to formal, depending on how you apply it and what you pair it with.
Here are some frequently asked questions that you might have about Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil-Free:
- Q: How do I find my shade?
- A: You can find your shade by using the shade finder tool on Laura Mercier’s website or by visiting a store that carries the product and swatching it on your jawline. You can also use online resources, such as Temptalia’s Foundation Matrix or Findation, to compare the shades with other products that you already own or have tried.
- Q: How long does it last on the skin?
- A: It lasts for up to 8 hours on the skin, depending on your skin type, the weather, and the activities that you do. It may last longer if you set it with a powder or a setting spray, or shorter if you have very oily skin or sweat a lot.
- Q: Does it have a scent?
- A: No, it does not have a scent. It is fragrance-free and does not contain any artificial or natural fragrances.
- Q: Is it vegan and cruelty-free?
- A: Yes, it is vegan and cruelty-free. It does not contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products, and it is not tested on animals.
- Q: Where can I buy it?
- A: You can buy it from Laura Mercier’s official website, Sephora, Ulta, Nordstrom, or any other authorized retailer. You can also find it online from Amazon, eBay, or other third-party sellers, but be careful of possible counterfeits or expired products.
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil-Free is a tinted moisturizer that provides sheer to medium coverage with a demi-matte finish. It hydrates, protects, and perfects your skin without feeling heavy or greasy. It is suitable for all skin types, especially for oily, combination, and sensitive skin. It is easy to apply and blend, and it can be used alone or with other products. It has many benefits, but it also has some drawbacks, such as containing oxybenzone, being too sheer for some, and being pricey. It is a cult-favorite product that has been recently reformulated to remove parabens and add more skin-friendly ingredients. It comes in 20 shades that range from fair to deep.
I hope you enjoyed this blog post and found it helpful. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences with this product. Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day!