Eyebrow highlighter is a makeup product that can make a big difference in your overall look. It can brighten your eyes, define your brows, and create a more polished appearance. But how do you use it correctly? What are the best products and techniques for your brow shape and skin tone? In this blog post, we will answer some frequently asked questions about eyebrow highlighter and share some tips and tricks to help you achieve your best brows ever.
What does eyebrow highlighter do?
Eyebrow highlighter is a product that has a lighter color and a shimmery or luminous finish. It can be applied to different areas around the eye and brow to create various effects. Some of the benefits of using eyebrow highlighter are:
- It can lift and shape your brows by creating a contrast with the darker hairs and skin.
- It can conceal any stray hairs or imperfections that you may have missed with your tweezers or brow pencil.
- It can make your eyes look bigger and more awake by reflecting light and drawing attention to the center of your face.
- It can add dimension and glow to your skin by highlighting your cheekbones, temples, and nose bridge.
How do you use benefit brow highlighter?
Benefit is a popular brand that offers several eyebrow highlighters in different shades and formulas. Some of their best-selling products are:
- High Brow: A creamy pencil that has a matte finish and a pinkish hue. It is ideal for fair to medium skin tones and can be used to highlight the brow bone and the inner corners of the eyes.
- High Brow Glow: A creamy pencil that has a luminous finish and a champagne hue. It is ideal for medium to dark skin tones and can be used to highlight the brow bone and the inner corners of the eyes.
- Watt’s Up!: A soft-focus cream-to-powder stick that has a champagne glow. It can be used to highlight any area of the face, including the brow bone, the cheekbones, the nose bridge, and the cupid’s bow.
To use benefit brow highlighter, follow these steps:
- Choose the product that matches your skin tone and the effect that you want to achieve.
- Sharpen the pencil or twist up the stick to reveal a small amount of product.
- Apply the product along the lower edge of your brow, following the natural shape of your arch. You can also apply it to the inner corners of your eyes, the center of your eyelid, and the outer corners of your eyes.
- Blend the product with your finger or a small brush to create a seamless transition with your skin and your eyeshadow.
- Repeat the process on the other eye and admire your results.
Where do you highlight your eyebrows?
The placement of your eyebrow highlighter depends on your personal preference and the shape of your brows and eyes. However, there are some general guidelines that you can follow to enhance your features and avoid overdoing it. Here are some suggestions:
- If you have thin or sparse brows, you can apply highlighter along the entire length of your brow bone to create the illusion of fuller and thicker brows.
- If you have thick or bushy brows, you can apply highlighter only to the tail end of your brow bone to lift and elongate your brows.
- If you have straight or flat brows, you can apply highlighter to the highest point of your brow bone to create a subtle arch and add some definition.
- If you have arched or angled brows, you can apply highlighter to the inner and outer edges of your brow bone to balance and soften your brows.
- If you have round or almond-shaped eyes, you can apply highlighter to the inner and outer corners of your eyes to make them look bigger and brighter.
- If you have hooded or deep-set eyes, you can apply highlighter to the center of your eyelid and the brow bone to bring them forward and add some dimension.
What is brow glow?
Brow glow is a term that refers to the effect of using eyebrow highlighter to create a radiant and youthful look. It can also refer to a specific product that is designed to achieve this effect, such as the [Brow Glow Highlighter] from Anastasia Beverly Hills. This product is a clear gel that has light-reflecting pearls and can be applied to the brow hairs to add some shine and dimension.
Where do you apply highlighter?
Highlighter is a versatile product that can be applied to different areas of the face to create a glowing and healthy complexion. Some of the most common areas to apply highlighter are:
- The brow bone: To lift and define the brows and the eyes.
- The cheekbones: To accentuate the bone structure and add some color.
- The nose bridge: To slim and elongate the nose and create a more symmetrical look.
- The cupid’s bow: To plump and shape the lips and draw attention to the mouth.
- The chin: To balance and contour the face and add some warmth.
What’s the difference between concealer and highlighter?
Concealer and highlighter are two different products that have different purposes and effects. Concealer is a product that has a similar or slightly lighter color than your skin tone and a matte or satin finish. It is used to cover up any blemishes, dark circles, redness, or discoloration that you may have on your skin. Highlighter is a product that has a lighter color and a shimmery or luminous finish. It is used to enhance your features, add some glow, and create a more dimensional look.
When should I apply highlighter?
The order of applying highlighter depends on the type of product and the effect that you want to achieve. Generally, there are two ways to apply highlighter: before or after your foundation. Here are some pros and cons of each method:
- Applying highlighter before foundation: This method can create a more natural and subtle glow, as the foundation will tone down the intensity of the highlighter. It can also help the highlighter last longer and blend better with your skin. However, this method can also make the highlighter less visible and noticeable, especially if you use a full-coverage or matte foundation. It can also make your foundation look cakey or patchy if you apply too much highlighter or use a cream or liquid formula.
- Applying highlighter after foundation: This method can create a more dramatic and noticeable glow, as the highlighter will stand out more on top of the foundation. It can also help you control the amount and the placement of the highlighter more easily. However, this method can also make the highlighter look too harsh or unnatural, especially if you use a powder or stick formula. It can also make your foundation move or rub off if you apply too much pressure or use a cream or liquid formula.
Do you put highlighter on before or after concealer?
The answer to this question depends on the type of highlighter and concealer that you use and the area that you want to highlight. Generally, there are two ways to apply highlighter and concealer: before or after each other. Here are some pros and cons of each method:
- Applying highlighter before concealer: This method can work well if you use a liquid or cream highlighter and concealer and you want to highlight your under-eye area. It can help you brighten and smooth your under-eye area and cover up any dark circles or fine lines. However, this method can also make your under-eye area look too light or shiny, especially if you use a light or shimmery highlighter and a full-coverage or matte concealer. It can also make your concealer crease or cake if you apply too much product or don’t set it with powder.
- Applying highlighter after concealer: This method can work well if you use a powder or stick highlighter and concealer and you want to highlight your brow bone, cheekbones, nose bridge, or cupid’s bow. It can help you accentuate your features and add some glow and dimension. However, this method can also make your highlighter look too harsh or unnatural, especially if you use a dark or matte concealer and a light or shimmery highlighter. It can also make your concealer move or rub off if you apply too much pressure or use a liquid or cream highlighter.
Can you wear highlighter without foundation?
Yes, you can wear highlighter without foundation if you want to create a more natural and minimal look. However, there are some things that you should consider before doing so:
- Choose a highlighter that matches your skin tone and the effect that you want to achieve. For example, if you have fair skin, you can use a pink or champagne highlighter to add some color and glow. If you have dark skin, you can use a gold or bronze highlighter to add some warmth and radiance.
- Prep your skin with a moisturizer and a primer to create a smooth and hydrated base for your highlighter. This can help your highlighter blend better and last longer on your skin.
- Apply your highlighter sparingly and strategically to the areas that you want to highlight. You can use your fingers, a brush, or a sponge to apply and blend your highlighter. You can also layer different formulas and shades of highlighter to create a more customized and multidimensional look.
- Set your highlighter with a translucent or tinted powder to prevent it from fading or smudging throughout the day. You can also use a setting spray to finish your look with a mascara, a lip gloss, and a blush to complement your highlighter and create a balanced and harmonious look.
Here are some frequently asked questions about eyebrow highlighter and their answers:
- Q: Can I use any highlighter for my eyebrows?
- A: No, not all highlighters are suitable for your eyebrows. You should choose a highlighter that has a color and a finish that match your skin tone and your brow color. For example, if you have dark brows, you should avoid using a highlighter that is too light or too shimmery, as it can make your brows look unnatural or washed out. You should also avoid using a highlighter that has a warm or a cool undertone that clashes with your skin tone or your brow color.
- Q: How do I choose the right shade of eyebrow highlighter for my skin tone?
- A: The rule of thumb is to choose a highlighter that is one or two shades lighter than your skin tone and has a similar undertone. For example, if you have fair skin with a pink undertone, you can use a highlighter that has a light pink or a champagne hue. If you have medium skin with a yellow undertone, you can use a highlighter that has a peach or a gold hue. If you have dark skin with a red undertone, you can use a highlighter that has a bronze or a copper hue.
- Q: How do I choose the right formula of eyebrow highlighter for my skin type?
- A: The formula of your eyebrow highlighter depends on your personal preference and your skin type. Generally, there are three types of formulas: powder, cream, and liquid. Here are some pros and cons of each formula:
- Powder: Powder highlighter is easy to apply and blend with a brush or a sponge. It can create a soft and natural glow that lasts long. It is ideal for oily or combination skin, as it can absorb excess oil and prevent shine. However, powder highlighter can also accentuate dryness, flakiness, or texture on your skin. It can also look chalky or dull if you apply too much or use a poor-quality product.
- Cream: Cream highlighter is creamy and smooth to apply and blend with your fingers or a sponge. It can create a dewy and radiant glow that looks natural and healthy. It is ideal for dry or normal skin, as it can moisturize and nourish your skin. However, cream highlighter can also slide off or crease on your skin if you don’t set it with powder. It can also look greasy or cakey if you apply too much or use a heavy product.
- Liquid: Liquid highlighter is liquidy and fluid to apply and blend with your fingers, a brush, or a sponge. It can create a luminous and intense glow that looks stunning and glamorous. It is ideal for any skin type, as it can adapt to your skin texture and tone. However, liquid highlighter can also be tricky to apply and blend, as it can dry quickly or leave streaks on your skin. It can also look too harsh or unnatural if you apply too much or use a wrong color.
Eyebrow highlighter is a great product to add to your makeup routine, as it can enhance your brows and your eyes and create a more polished and beautiful look. However, you should also know how to use it correctly and choose the best product for your skin tone, skin type, and brow shape. We hope that this blog post has helped you learn more about eyebrow highlighter and how to use it to achieve your best brows ever. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below. Thank you for reading and happy highlighting! 😊