Brow pomade is a popular product that helps you shape, fill, and define your eyebrows. It can give you a natural or dramatic look, depending on how you apply it. However, brow pomade can be quite expensive, and sometimes it can be hard to find the right shade for your brows. That’s why I decided to try making my own DIY brow pomade at home, using some simple ingredients that I already had in my makeup stash. In this blog post, I will show you how to make your own brow pomade and share some tips and tricks on how to use it.
What You Will Need
To make your own DIY brow pomade, you will need the following items:
- A matte brown eyeshadow or brow powder that matches your hair color. You can use a single shade or mix several shades to create your custom color.
- A hair wax, gel, or pomade that sets completely and has a strong hold. You can use any brand or type that you prefer, as long as it is clear or transparent.
- A makeup fixing spray that helps your makeup last longer and prevents it from drying out. You can use any brand or type that you like, as long as it is suitable for your skin type.
- A beauty oil that nourishes and conditions your brows. This is optional, but I recommend using castor oil, which is known to promote the growth of thicker and fuller brows. You can also use any other oil that you like, such as coconut oil, almond oil, or jojoba oil.
- A small spatula or a toothpick to scrape and mix the ingredients.
- A small mixing palette or a clean plate to mix the ingredients on.
- A clean and empty cosmetics jar or container to store your DIY brow pomade. Make sure it has a tight lid to prevent it from drying out.
- A clean and angled brow brush or a spoolie to apply your DIY brow pomade.
How to Make Your DIY Brow Pomade
Making your own DIY brow pomade is very easy and quick. Just follow these simple steps:
- Scrape a small amount of eyeshadow or brow powder using your spatula or toothpick. Try not to dig out chunks, as they will be harder to crush and mix. It is better to scrape off the powder layer by layer, until you have enough for your desired amount of brow pomade.
- Add a drop of hair wax, gel, or pomade to your powder. Start with a small amount, as you can always add more later if needed. Mix the powder and the wax together with your spatula or toothpick, until they form a smooth and creamy paste. This will create a brow pomade that has a thick and dry consistency, similar to store-bought ones.
- Add a drop of makeup fixing spray to your paste. This will make your brow pomade more liquid and easier to apply. It will also help your brow pomade last longer and prevent it from drying out. Mix well with your spatula or toothpick, until you have a smooth and creamy texture.
- Add half a drop of beauty oil to your paste. This is optional, but it will add some nourishment and shine to your brows. It will also make your brow pomade more moisturizing and comfortable to wear. Mix well with your spatula or toothpick, until you have a smooth and glossy texture.
- Transfer your DIY brow pomade to your jar or container using your spatula or toothpick. Make sure to pack it well and smooth out the surface. Close the lid tightly and store it in a cool and dry place.
How to Use Your DIY Brow Pomade
Using your DIY brow pomade is very easy and fun. Just follow these simple steps:
- Dip your brow brush or spoolie into your DIY brow pomade and wipe off the excess on the edge of the jar or container. You only need a small amount of product, as a little goes a long way.
- Brush your brows with your brow brush or spoolie, following the natural shape and direction of your brow hairs. Start from the inner corner of your brow and work your way to the outer corner, using short and light strokes. Fill in any sparse areas and define the arch and the tail of your brow. You can also use your brow brush or spoolie to create hair-like strokes for a more natural look.
- Blend your brows with your brow brush or spoolie, using gentle and circular motions. This will help to distribute the product evenly and create a soft and seamless finish. You can also use your finger to blend the edges of your brow pomade, if needed.
- Set your brows with a clear or tinted brow gel, if you want to add some extra hold and definition. You can also use your DIY brow pomade as a brow gel, by applying it with a spoolie instead of a brow brush.
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about DIY brow pomade:
- Q: How long does DIY brow pomade last?
- A: DIY brow pomade can last for several months, as long as you store it properly and keep it away from heat and moisture. You can also add a few drops of makeup fixing spray or beauty oil to your jar or container every once in a while, to prevent it from drying out.
- Q: How do I clean my brow brush or spoolie after using DIY brow pomade?
- A: You can clean your brow brush or spoolie with some mild soap and warm water, or with a makeup brush cleaner. Make sure to rinse and dry it well, and store it in a clean and dry place.
- Q: How do I remove DIY brow pomade from my brows?
- A: You can remove DIY brow pomade from your brows with a makeup remover, a micellar water, or an oil-based cleanser. Gently massage the product onto your brows, and then wipe it off with a cotton pad or a tissue. You can also wash your face with your regular cleanser, and follow up with your skincare routine.
- Q: Can I make DIY brow pomade with other colors or ingredients?
- A: Yes, you can make DIY brow pomade with other colors or ingredients, as long as they are safe and suitable for your skin and brows. You can use different shades of eyeshadow or brow powder, or even mix in some glitter or shimmer for a fun and festive look. You can also use different types of hair wax, gel, or pomade, or different types of makeup fixing spray or beauty oil, depending on your preference and availability. Just make sure to test the product on a small area of your skin before applying it to your brows, to avoid any allergic reactions or irritations.
I hope you enjoyed this blog post and learned how to make your own DIY brow pomade. It is a fun and easy way to create your own custom brow product, using some simple and affordable ingredients that you probably already have at home. You can also experiment with different colors and textures, and create different looks for different occasions. DIY brow pomade is a great alternative to store-bought brow products, as it is cheaper, more natural, and more personalized. Plus, it is very satisfying and rewarding to make your own makeup, and to see the results on your brows. So, what are you waiting for? Grab your ingredients and tools, and start making your own DIY brow pomade today!