If you are looking for a skincare brand that offers plant-based products with clinically effective ingredients and natural benefits, you might want to check out Herbivore Botanicals. This brand has been making waves in the beauty industry with its innovative and ethical approach to skincare. In this blog post, we will explore the background of the brand, its best-selling products, reviews, dupes, coupon codes, loyalty programs, FAQs, and conclusion.
Background of the brand
Herbivore Botanicals was founded by Julia Wills and Alex Kummerow in their Seattle kitchen in 2011. The couple wanted to create effective skincare products that were powered by nature and free of synthetic ingredients, fillers, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, and animal testing. They started by making soap bars and selling them on Etsy, and soon expanded their product range to include facial oils, masks, toners, body scrubs, and more. Their products are made with organic food-grade ingredients, such as plant oils, botanical extracts, minerals, and essential oils, that deliver tangible results and sensory pleasures. Their products are also packaged in recyclable glass bottles and jars, and they use biodegradable materials for shipping. The brand’s mission is to bring you products that are safe, truly natural, and highly effective.
Herbivore Botanicals has a wide range of products for different skin types and concerns, but some of their best-selling products are:
- Lapis Facial Oil: This is a balancing facial oil that contains blue tansy, squalane, jojoba oil, and jasmine oil. Blue tansy is a rare and precious ingredient that has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, and helps to reduce redness, irritation, and breakouts. Squalane is a lightweight and non-comedogenic oil that mimics the skin’s natural sebum and hydrates the skin without clogging pores. Jojoba oil is a versatile oil that moisturizes, regulates oil production, and heals the skin. Jasmine oil is a fragrant oil that soothes, nourishes, and brightens the skin. This facial oil is suitable for oily, combination, and acne-prone skin, and can be used morning and night after cleansing and toning.
- Prism Exfoliating Glow Serum: This is a gentle yet effective exfoliating serum that contains a blend of natural fruit acids, such as bilberry, sugar cane, orange, lemon, and sugar maple, and botanical extracts, such as aloe vera, rose water, and kakadu plum. The fruit acids help to dissolve dead skin cells, unclog pores, and improve skin texture and tone. The botanical extracts help to hydrate, soothe, and brighten the skin, and provide antioxidant protection. The serum also contains willow bark extract, which is a natural source of salicylic acid, and helps to clear acne and prevent future breakouts. This serum is suitable for all skin types, and can be used 2-5 times per week at night after cleansing and toning.
- Coco Rose Body Polish: This is a luxurious body scrub that contains coconut oil, shea butter, Moroccan rose, and pink clay. Coconut oil and shea butter are rich and nourishing oils that moisturize, soften, and protect the skin. Moroccan rose is a fragrant and romantic ingredient that hydrates, tones, and soothes the skin. Pink clay is a gentle and detoxifying clay that draws out impurities, improves blood circulation, and enhances skin elasticity. This body scrub is suitable for all skin types, and can be used 2-3 times per week in the shower or bath.
Herbivore Botanicals has received rave reviews from customers and beauty experts alike, who praise the brand for its natural, effective, and sensorial products. Here are some of the reviews from Sephora:
“I love this brand so much! Their products are amazing and smell so good. I have sensitive skin and I never had any bad reactions to their products. My favorites are the Lapis oil, the Prism serum, and the Coco Rose scrub. They make my skin glow and feel so soft.”
“Herbivore is one of my favorite skincare brands. Their products are natural, cruelty-free, and vegan, which is very important to me. Their products are also very gentle and effective. I have dry skin and I love their Phoenix oil, their Pink Cloud cream, and their Orchid oil. They hydrate, plump, and smooth my skin.”
“I have been using Herbivore products for a few months now and I am very impressed. Their products are high-quality, beautiful, and affordable. I have oily skin and I love their Blue Tansy mask, their Lapis oil, and their Jasmine Green Tea toner. They balance, clarify, and calm my skin.”
If you are looking for cheaper alternatives to Herbivore Botanicals products, you might want to try these dupes:
- Lapis Facial Oil: A dupe for this product is the Acure Seriously Soothing Blue Tansy Night Oil. This product also contains blue tansy, squalane, jojoba oil, and jasmine oil, and has a similar texture and scent. It costs $12.99 for 1 oz, while the Lapis oil costs $72 for 1.7 oz .
- Prism Exfoliating Glow Serum: A dupe for this product is the The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution. This product also contains glycolic acid, aloe vera, and rose water, and has a similar exfoliating and brightening effect. It costs $8.70 for 8 oz, while the Prism serum costs $54 for 1 oz .
- Coco Rose Body Polish: A dupe for this product is the Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub Moroccan Rose. This product also contains shea butter, Moroccan rose, and pink clay, and has a similar scrubbing and moisturizing effect. It costs $8.99 for 18 oz, while the Coco Rose scrub costs $36 for 8 oz .
Coupon codes and loyalty programs
If you want to save money on Herbivore Botanicals products, you can use these coupon codes and loyalty programs:
- Herbivore Botanicals website: You can get 10% off your first order when you sign up for their newsletter. You can also get free shipping on orders over $50 in the US, and free international shipping on orders over $200. You can also join their rewards program, where you can earn points for every purchase, referral, review, and birthday, and redeem them for discounts and free products.
- Sephora: You can get 10% off your first online purchase when you sign up for their newsletter. You can also get free shipping on some orders. You can also join their Beauty Pass program, where you can earn points for every purchase, and redeem them for rewards, samples, and discounts.
- Dermstore: You can get 15% off your first order when you sign up for their newsletter. You can also get free shipping on orders over $35 in the US. You can also join their rewards program, where you can earn points for every purchase, review, and birthday, and redeem them for discounts and gifts.
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about Herbivore Botanicals products:
- Are Herbivore Botanicals products vegan and cruelty-free? Yes, all Herbivore Botanicals products are vegan and cruelty-free. They do not contain any animal-derived ingredients, and they are not tested on animals. They are also certified by Leaping Bunny and PETA.
- How long do Herbivore Botanicals products last? Herbivore Botanicals products have a shelf life of 12 months after opening, and 24 months unopened. They do not contain any synthetic preservatives, so they should be stored in a cool, dry, and dark place, away from direct sunlight and heat. They should also be used within 6 months of opening, and discarded if they change in color, smell, or texture.
- Can I use Herbivore Botanicals products if I have sensitive skin? Herbivore Botanicals products are made with natural and gentle ingredients, but they may still cause sensitivity or allergic reactions in some people. It is recommended to patch test the products on a small area of skin before using them, and discontinue use if irritation occurs. It is also advised to consult a dermatologist before using any new skincare products, especially if you have a medical condition or are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Herbivore Botanicals is a skincare brand that offers natural, effective, and ethical products that cater to different skin types and concerns. Their products are made with organic food-grade ingredients, and are free of synthetic additives, fillers, and animal testing. Their products are also packaged in recyclable and biodegradable materials, and are gentle on the planet as well as on the skin.