If you are looking for skincare products that are natural, clean, cruelty-free, and sustainable, you may want to check out Farmacy. Farmacy is a brand that has been around since 2014, offering a range of products for all skin types and concerns. In this blog post, we will explore the background of the brand, its best-selling products, reviews, dupes, coupon codes and loyalty programs, FAQs, and conclusion. Let’s get started!
Background of the brand
Farmacy was founded by Mark Veeder, a PR executive and gardening enthusiast, who discovered a new type of Echinacea plant in his backyard. He named it Echinacea GreenEnvy™ and found out that it had the highest concentration of cichoric acid, a potent antioxidant that helps protect and rejuvenate the skin. He partnered with scientists and farmers to create Farmacy, a brand that combines the power of nature and science to create effective and ethical skincare formulas.
Farmacy follows a “farm-to-face” philosophy, which means that it sources its ingredients from organic and local farms, and uses cutting-edge technologies to extract and preserve their benefits. Farmacy also adheres to a list of 10 “Clean Commandments”, which ensure that its products are free of harmful substances, non-GMO, cruelty-free, and tested for all skin types. Farmacy also cares about the environment and supports causes such as bee conservation, reforestation, and food security.
Farmacy offers a wide range of products for skincare, haircare, and body care, catering to different needs and preferences. Some of the brand’s best-selling products are:
- Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm: This is a gentle and effective cleanser that melts away makeup, dirt, and impurities. It contains sunflower and ginger root oils, which nourish and soothe the skin, as well as papaya extract, which gently exfoliates and brightens the skin. It also contains Echinacea GreenEnvy™, which boosts the skin’s natural defenses. This cleanser is suitable for all skin types and is paraben-free, sulfate-free, and fragrance-free.
- Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask: This is a warming and hydrating mask that replenishes and revitalizes the skin. It contains honey, propolis, and royal jelly, which are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, as well as glycerin, which attracts and retains moisture. It also contains Echinacea GreenEnvy™, which enhances the skin’s resilience. This mask is suitable for all skin types and is paraben-free, sulfate-free, and fragrance-free.
- Daily Greens Oil-Free Gel Moisturizer: This is a lightweight and refreshing moisturizer that hydrates and balances the skin. It contains moringa seed extract and moringa water, which purify and detoxify the skin, as well as hyaluronic acid and polyglutamic acid, which plump and smooth the skin. It also contains Echinacea GreenEnvy™, which protects and repairs the skin. This moisturizer is suitable for oily and combination skin types and is paraben-free, sulfate-free, and fragrance-free.
- Very Cherry Bright 15% Clean Vitamin C Serum with Acerola Cherry: This is a potent and stable serum that brightens and firms the skin. It contains 15% vitamin C, derived from four sources: acerola cherry, camu camu, sacha inchi, and kakadu plum, which work synergistically to boost collagen production, reduce hyperpigmentation, and fight free radical damage. It also contains hyaluronic acid and squalane, which hydrate and nourish the skin. This serum is suitable for all skin types and is paraben-free, sulfate-free, and fragrance-free.
- Honeymoon Glow AHA Resurfacing Night Serum: This is a powerful and gentle serum that resurfaces and renews the skin overnight. It contains a blend of AHA, BHA, and PHA, which exfoliate and refine the skin, as well as honey, propolis, and royal jelly, which hydrate and soothe the skin. It also contains Echinacea GreenEnvy™, which strengthens and restores the skin. This serum is suitable for all skin types and is paraben-free, sulfate-free, and fragrance-free.
Farmacy products have received many positive reviews from customers, beauty editors, and influencers. Some of the common praises are:
- The products are effective and deliver visible results
- The products are gentle and suitable for sensitive skin
- The products are made with natural and sustainable ingredients and are cruelty-free
- The products have a simple and elegant packaging
- The products have a generous size and last long
- The products have a pleasant and subtle scent
- The products are worth the price and offer good value for money
Some of the common criticisms are:
- The products are expensive and not affordable for everyone
- The products are not widely available and hard to find in some locations
- The products are not very innovative and do not offer anything new
- The products are not very consistent and vary in quality and performance
- The products are not very eco-friendly and use a lot of plastic packaging
If you are looking for cheaper alternatives to Farmacy products, you may want to check out some of these dupes that have similar ingredients and functions:
- Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm: A dupe for this product is Physicians Formula The Perfect Matcha 3-in-1 Melting Cleansing Balm, which also contains matcha green tea, bamboo shoot, and lotus extract to cleanse and hydrate the skin. It costs $14.99 for 1.4 oz, compared to $34 for 3.4 oz for the Farmacy balm.
- Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask: A dupe for this product is I Dew Care Honey Dew Me Up Skin Prep Serum, which also contains honey, propolis, and royal jelly to nourish and protect the skin. It costs $23 for 1.35 oz, compared to $38 for 1.7 oz for the Farmacy mask.
- Daily Greens Oil-Free Gel Moisturizer: A dupe for this product is Bliss Drench & Quench Cream-to-Water Hydrator, which also contains hyaluronic acid, glycerin, and vitamin C to moisturize and brighten the skin. It costs $22 for 1.7 oz, compared to $38 for 1.7 oz for the Farmacy moisturizer.
- Very Cherry Bright 15% Clean Vitamin C Serum with Acerola Cherry: A dupe for this product is The Ordinary Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate Solution 20% in Vitamin F, which also contains vitamin C, squalane, and vitamin F to boost collagen, reduce pigmentation, and nourish the skin. It costs $17.80 for 1 oz, compared to $62 for 1 oz for the Farmacy serum.
- Honeymoon Glow AHA Resurfacing Night Serum: A dupe for this product is Pixi Glow Tonic Serum, which also contains AHA, glycolic acid, and aloe vera to exfoliate and soothe the skin. It costs $24 for 1.01 oz, compared to $58 for 1 oz for the Farmacy serum.
Coupon codes and loyalty programs
If you want to save money and enjoy more benefits from Farmacy, you may want to take advantage of these coupon codes and loyalty programs:
- Coupon codes: You can find various coupon codes for Farmacy on websites such as DealDrop, Offers.com, and CouponAnnie. Some of the current offers include 40% off, 25% off, and free shipping on everything.
- Loyalty programs: You can join The Hive, which is Farmacy’s free rewards program that allows you to earn points on all product purchases, reviews, social media shares, your birthday, and more. You can then redeem these points for discount vouchers or gifts. You can also donate your points to Feeding America and Farmacy will match your donations. The Hive has three tiers: Bumble Bee, Honey Bee, and Queen Bee, each with different perks and benefits.
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about Farmacy and its products:
- What is Farmacy’s return policy?
Farmacy accepts returns within 30 days of purchase. You can initiate a return request through their online portal and print a prepaid shipping label. Original shipping fees are non-refundable.
- Are Farmacy products vegan?
Most of Farmacy products are vegan, except for those that contain honey, propolis, or royal jelly. You can check the product page for the vegan icon or filter by vegan on their website.
- Are Farmacy products gluten-free?
Most of Farmacy products are gluten-free, except for those that contain wheat, barley, or rye. You can check the product page for the gluten-free icon or filter by gluten-free on their website.
- Are Farmacy products safe for pregnancy?
Farmacy products are formulated with natural and gentle ingredients, but it is always recommended to consult your doctor before using any new products during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Where can I buy Farmacy products?
You can buy Farmacy products on their official website, FarmacyBeauty.com, or from authorized retailers such as Sephora, Cult Beauty, and Feelunique.