Estée Lauder is one of the most iconic and influential beauty brands in the world. Founded by Estée Lauder herself in 1946, the company has grown from a small family business to a global leader in skincare, makeup, fragrance, and hair care. Estée Lauder is known for its high-quality products, innovative formulas, and luxurious packaging. In this blog post, we will explore the history, best-selling products, reviews, dupes, coupon codes, loyalty programs, and FAQs of this legendary brand.
Background of the Brand
Estée Lauder was born in New York City in 1908 to Hungarian-Jewish immigrants. She developed a passion for beauty at a young age, inspired by her uncle, a chemist who made skincare products. She started selling his creams to beauty salons and hotels, and soon created her own line of products. She believed that every woman could be beautiful, and her motto was “Telephone, Telegraph, Tell a Woman”. She used her personal charm and word-of-mouth marketing to attract customers and build relationships.
In 1946, she and her husband, Joseph Lauder, founded Estée Lauder Companies, with four products: a cleansing oil, a skin lotion, a super-rich all-purpose crème, and a crème pack. They sold their products at upscale department stores, such as Saks Fifth Avenue, and offered generous samples and gifts with purchase. Estée Lauder was also the first to introduce the concept of a “beauty advisor”, a trained salesperson who would offer personalized advice and demonstrations to customers.
Estée Lauder expanded her product range to include makeup and fragrance, and launched several sub-brands, such as Clinique, Aramis, Prescriptives, Origins, and MAC. She also acquired other brands, such as Bobbi Brown, La Mer, Aveda, and Smashbox. She was involved in every aspect of the business, from product development to packaging design to advertising. She was also a pioneer in international expansion, entering markets such as Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
Estée Lauder passed away in 2004, but her legacy lives on through her family and her company. Today, Estée Lauder Companies is one of the largest and most diversified beauty companies in the world, with over 25 brands and more than 60,000 employees. The company is still family-owned and operated, with Estée Lauder’s son, Leonard Lauder, as chairman emeritus, and her grandson, William Lauder, as executive chairman. The company’s vision is to be “The global leader in prestige beauty: a well-diversified, brand-building powerhouse of unrivaled creativity and innovation”.
Estée Lauder offers a wide range of products for every skin type, concern, and preference. Some of the best-selling products are:
- Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Multi-Recovery Complex: This is Estée Lauder’s most famous and beloved product, a serum that helps repair and renew the skin overnight. It claims to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles, hydrate and plump the skin, and boost radiance and resilience. It contains hyaluronic acid, antioxidants, and a patented Chronolux™ Power Signal Technology that supports the skin’s natural repair process. It has been on the market since 1982 and has won numerous awards and accolades
- Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup: This is Estée Lauder’s best-selling foundation, a long-wearing, medium-to-full coverage, matte finish formula that lasts up to 24 hours. It claims to be transfer-resistant, sweat-resistant, humidity-resistant, and non-comedogenic. It comes in 56 shades and has SPF 10. It is suitable for all skin types, especially oily and combination skin. It has a loyal fan base and rave reviews from customers and experts
- Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick: This is Estée Lauder’s most popular lipstick, a creamy, rich, and pigmented formula that delivers intense color and sculpted shape. It claims to hydrate and smooth the lips, and last up to six hours. It comes in over 40 shades and four finishes: creme, matte, metallic, and shine. It has a sleek and elegant packaging and a pleasant vanilla scent. It has received many awards and compliments from customers and celebrities
Estée Lauder products have generally positive reviews from customers and critics. Here are some examples of reviews from different sources:
- Influenster: This is a website where users can rate and review products, and earn rewards and free samples. Estée Lauder has an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars, based on over 300,000 reviews. Some of the most reviewed products are Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Multi-Recovery Complex (4.6 stars, 14,000 reviews), Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup (4.5 stars, 23,000 reviews), and Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick (4.7 stars, 6,000 reviews)
- Sephora: This is a leading beauty retailer that sells Estée Lauder products online and in stores. Estée Lauder has an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars, based on over 100,000 reviews. Some of the most reviewed products are Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Multi-Recovery Complex (4.5 stars, 4,000 reviews), Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup (4.5 stars, 10,000 reviews), and Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick (4.6 stars, 1,000 reviews)
- Byrdie: This is a website that features beauty news, trends, tips, and reviews from experts and editors. Estée Lauder has been featured and reviewed many times, and has received mostly positive feedback. Some of the products that have been praised are Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Multi-Recovery Complex (“It Blew Me Away”), Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup (“The Best Foundation for Oily Skin”), and Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick (“The Perfect Lipstick for Every Occasion”)
Estée Lauder products are high-end and expensive, so some customers may look for cheaper alternatives or dupes. A dupe is a product that has a similar appearance, performance, or quality to another product, but at a lower price. Here are some examples of dupes for Estée Lauder products:
- Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Multi-Recovery Complex: A possible dupe for this serum is Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Probio Ampoule, a Korean product that also claims to repair and renew the skin overnight. It contains similar ingredients, such as bifida ferment lysate, hyaluronic acid, and niacinamide. It costs $49 for 50 ml, compared to $105 for 50 ml of Estée Lauder
- Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup: A possible dupe for this foundation is Revlon ColorStay Full Cover Foundation, a drugstore product that also claims to provide long-lasting, full coverage, and matte finish. It has a similar texture, application, and wear time. It comes in 16 shades and has SPF 20. It costs $13.99 for 30 ml, compared to $43 for 30 ml of Estée Lauder
- Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick: A possible dupe for this lipstick is Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick, a drugstore product that also claims to deliver rich, pigmented, and hydrating color. It has a similar formula, feel, and scent. It comes in over 30 shades and has a matte finish. It costs $7.49 for 4.2 g, compared to $32 for 3.5 g of Estée Lauder
Coupon Codes and Loyalty Programs
Estée Lauder offers various ways for customers to save money and enjoy benefits. Here are some examples of coupon codes and loyalty programs:
- Estée E-List Loyalty Program: This is a free program that rewards customers for shopping online or in stores. Customers can earn points for every dollar spent, write product reviews, and refer friends. They can also enjoy perks such as free samples, free shipping, free returns, birthday gifts, early access to events and products, and discounts on orders. Customers can join the program by signing up online or in stores
- Estée Lauder Coupons: These are codes that customers can use to get discounts, free gifts, or free shipping on their orders. Customers can find these codes on Estée Lauder’s website, social media, newsletters, or third-party websites. Some examples of current coupons are: NIGHT24 for a free 8-piece gift with $75 purchase, HYDRATE20 for $20 off a 1.7 oz or larger moisturizer, and JOY23 for 20% off any order plus free gifts
- Estée Lauder Gift with Purchase: This is a promotion that Estée Lauder offers periodically, usually in collaboration with department stores. Customers can receive a free gift, such as a makeup bag, a skincare set, or a fragrance, when they spend a certain amount on Estée Lauder products. Customers can find out about these promotions on Estée Lauder’s website, department stores’ websites, or third-party websites. Some examples of current gift with purchase offers are: a free 7-piece gift with $45 purchase at Macy’s, a free 8-piece gift with $75 purchase at Nordstrom, and a free 9-piece gift with $100 purchase at Bloomingdale’s.
Estée Lauder has a dedicated page on its website where customers can find answers to frequently asked questions. Here are some examples of FAQs:
- Q: How can I find the right shade of foundation for my skin tone?
- A: Estée Lauder offers a free online tool called iMatch™ Virtual Shade Expert, where customers can use their camera or upload a photo to get a personalized shade recommendation. Customers can also visit a store and ask a beauty advisor for a free consultation and sample.
- Q: How can I get free samples of Estée Lauder products?
- A: Estée Lauder offers free samples with every online order, and customers can choose up to three samples at checkout. Customers can also get free samples at stores, either by asking a beauty advisor or by using a code from Estée Lauder’s website.
- Q: How can I return or exchange a product that I bought online or in store?
- A: Estée Lauder has a generous return policy, where customers can return or exchange any product, even if it is used, within 60 days of purchase. Customers can return or exchange products online or in store, with or without a receipt. Estée Lauder will cover the return shipping cost for online orders.
Estée Lauder is a beauty icon that has been in the industry for over 70 years. The brand offers a wide range of products for every skin type, concern, and preference. Estée Lauder products are high-quality, innovative, and luxurious, and have received positive reviews from customers and critics. Estée Lauder also offers various ways for customers to save money and enjoy benefits, such as coupon codes, loyalty programs, and gift with purchase promotions. Estée Lauder is a brand that every beauty lover should try and trust.
I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post and learned something new about Estée Lauder. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, please feel free to leave them below. Thank you for your time and attention.