If you’re looking for a skincare brand that is plant-powered, sustainable, affordable, and cruelty-free, you might want to check out Cocokind. Cocokind is a popular and innovative brand that offers a range of natural and organic skincare products, from cleansers and serums to masks and toners, to help you achieve healthy and glowing skin. In this blog post, we’ll give you an overview of the brand, its best-selling products, its reviews, its dupes, its coupon codes and loyalty programs, and its frequently asked questions. Let’s dive in!
Background of the brand
Cocokind was founded in 2015 by Priscilla Tsai, who suffered from hormonal acne and skin issues for years. After trying numerous products on the market that either didn’t work or had harmful side effects, she decided to create her own skincare products using clean and natural ingredients that she felt good about using. She started by making organic coconut oil-based products in her kitchen and selling them online and at farmers’ markets. Soon, her products gained popularity and recognition, and she expanded her product line and distribution channels. Today, Cocokind has over 240k followers on Instagram and 24k on Facebook, and its products are sold in big stores like Walmart, Target, ULTA, and Whole Foods. Cocokind has also been featured in publications like Forbes, PopSugar, Insider, USA Today, The Huffington Post, CNN, and many more. Cocokind has also won several awards, including multiple Byrdie Eco Beauty awards in 2020 and 2021.
Cocokind’s mission is to provide effective and accessible skincare products that are good for people and the planet. The brand values transparency, sustainability, ethical practices, and being against animal cruelty. Cocokind uses clean, natural, vegan, and organic ingredients that are sourced from fair trade and regenerative farms. Cocokind also uses sustainable packaging, such as glass bottles, paper tubes, and reusable boxes. Cocokind also supports social and environmental causes, such as donating 1% of its sales to organizations that empower women, providing menstrual products to underserved communities, and planting trees to offset its carbon footprint.
Cocokind has a wide range of skincare products for different skin types and concerns, such as acne, aging, inflammation, and discoloration. Some of its best-selling products are:
- Ceramide Barrier Serum: This is a universal hydrating serum that contains five types of ceramides, ceramide precursors, and lactic acid to help replenish and protect the skin barrier. It is suitable for all skin types, especially dry and sensitive skin. It helps to moisturize, soothe, and smooth the skin, and prevent transepidermal water loss. It is vegan, cruelty-free, and reef-safe. It does not contain any harsh alcohols, common allergens, fragrances, parabens, silicones, or sulfates. It costs $22 for a 1 oz bottle.
- Chlorophyll Discoloration Serum: This is a spot-fading serum that contains 1% alpha arbutin, chlorophyll, licorice root, and panthenol to help target discoloration, uneven tone, and redness. It is suitable for all skin types, especially those with hyperpigmentation and rosacea. It helps to brighten, calm, and hydrate the skin, and reduce the appearance of dark spots and sun damage. It is vegan, cruelty-free, and reef-safe. It does not contain any harsh alcohols, common allergens, oils, parabens, silicones, or sulfates. It costs $22 for a 1 oz bottle.
- Resurrection Polypeptide Cream: This is a skin-firming rich moisturizer that contains bakuchiol, a plant-based alternative to retinol, and polypeptides, which are amino acid chains that help stimulate collagen production. It is suitable for all skin types, especially mature and dry skin. It helps to improve skin elasticity, texture, and radiance, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It is vegan, cruelty-free, and reef-safe. It does not contain any harsh alcohols, common allergens, fragrances, parabens, silicones, or sulfates. It costs $27 for a 1.7 oz jar.
- Daily SPF: This is a mineral-based sunscreen that contains zinc oxide, squalane, and blue phytoplankton to help protect the skin from UVA and UVB rays, as well as blue light and pollution. It has an SPF of 32 and a PA rating of ++++. It is suitable for all skin types, especially oily and acne-prone skin. It helps to moisturize, mattify, and shield the skin, and prevent sunburn and premature aging. It is vegan, cruelty-free, and reef-safe. It does not contain any harsh alcohols, common allergens, fragrances, parabens, silicones, or sulfates. It costs $25 for a 1.7 oz tube.
Cocokind has received hundreds of positive reviews from customers and influencers who love its products and values. On its official website, Cocokind has an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars, based on over 30,000 reviews. On other platforms, such as Amazon, Target, and ULTA, Cocokind also has high ratings and rave reviews. Some of the common praises for Cocokind are:
- Its products are gentle, effective, and affordable
- Its products have clean, natural, and organic ingredients
- Its products have minimal and sustainable packaging
- Its products are vegan, cruelty-free, and reef-safe
- Its products are suitable for different skin types and concerns
- Its products have improved the skin’s appearance and health
- Its brand is transparent, ethical, and supportive of social and environmental causes
Of course, not every review is positive, and some customers have expressed some criticisms or complaints about Cocokind. Some of the common issues are:
- Its products are not available in some countries or regions
- Its products have a strong or unpleasant smell or color
- Its products have a sticky or greasy texture or residue
- Its products have caused irritation, breakouts, or allergic reactions
- Its products have not delivered the expected results or benefits
- Its products have expired or leaked during shipping or storage
- Its customer service is slow or unresponsive.
These issues are relatively rare and may vary depending on individual preferences, skin conditions, and external factors. However, if you have any concerns or questions about Cocokind’s products, you can always contact its customer service team via email, phone, or social media. Cocokind also has a generous return and exchange policy, as well as a comprehensive FAQ section on its website, where you can find more information and guidance.
Cocokind’s products are unique and hard to replicate, as they use high-quality, natural, and organic ingredients that are carefully sourced and formulated. However, if you’re looking for some alternatives or similar products from other brands, here are some possible dupes that you can try:
- For the Ceramide Barrier Serum, you can try the CeraVe Skin Renewing Serum, which also contains ceramides, hyaluronic acid, and niacinamide to help hydrate and restore the skin barrier. It costs $16.99 for a 1 oz bottle.
- For the Chlorophyll Discoloration Serum, you can try the The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA, which also contains alpha arbutin, hyaluronic acid, and aloe vera to help brighten and even out the skin tone. It costs $8.90 for a 1 oz bottle.
- For the Resurrection Polypeptide Cream, you can try the Biossance Squalane + Omega Repair Cream, which also contains squalane, omega fatty acids, and ceramides to help nourish and firm the skin. It costs $58 for a 1.7 oz jar.
- For the Daily SPF, you can try the Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40, which also contains zinc oxide, squalane, and antioxidants to help protect and smooth the skin. It costs $34 for a 1.7 oz tube.
Please note that these dupes are not exact matches, and they may have different ingredients, formulations, textures, scents, or effects. They may also have different prices, availability, or sustainability practices. Always do your own research and patch test before trying any new products.
Coupon codes and loyalty programs
Cocokind offers various ways to save money and earn rewards when you shop on its website. Here are some of them:
- Cocokind Rewards: This is a loyalty program that allows you to earn points for every purchase, review, referral, or social media share. You can redeem your points for discounts, free shipping, or free products. You can also get access to exclusive perks, such as early access to new products, birthday rewards, and surprise gifts. To join, you just need to create an account on Cocokind’s website and start earning points.
- Cocokind Bundles: This is a way to save money and time by buying multiple products together. Cocokind offers various bundles for different skin types and concerns, such as the Acne Starter Kit, the Brightening Bundle, the Hydration Bundle, and the Anti-Aging Bundle. You can save up to 15% off the regular price when you buy a bundle, and you also get free shipping.
- Cocokind Coupons: This is a way to get extra discounts or freebies when you shop on Cocokind’s website. Cocokind occasionally offers coupon codes for special occasions, such as holidays, anniversaries, or sales events. You can find these coupon codes on Cocokind’s social media pages, newsletter, or blog. You can also use third-party websites, such as RetailMeNot, Honey, or Rakuten, to find and apply coupon codes automatically.
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about Cocokind and its products. If you have more questions, you can visit Cocokind’s FAQ page on its website or contact its customer service team.
- Are Cocokind’s products vegan and cruelty-free? Yes, all of Cocokind’s products are vegan and cruelty-free. They do not contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products, and they are not tested on animals. Cocokind is also certified by Leaping Bunny, a global program that recognizes cruelty-free companies.
- Are Cocokind’s products organic and natural? Yes, most of Cocokind’s products are organic and natural. They use ingredients that are certified organic by the USDA or Ecocert, or that are derived from natural sources, such as plants, fruits, vegetables, or minerals. Cocokind also avoids using any synthetic or harmful ingredients, such as parabens, sulfates, phthalates, silicones, or artificial fragrances.
- Are Cocokind’s products safe for pregnant or breastfeeding women? Yes, most of Cocokind’s products are safe for pregnant or breastfeeding women. However, some products may contain ingredients that are not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women, such as bakuchiol, a plant-based alternative to retinol, or essential oils, which may have hormonal or allergic effects. Cocokind advises pregnant or breastfeeding women to consult their doctors before using any of its products, and to patch test them first.
- Are Cocokind’s products gluten-free and nut-free? Yes, most of Cocokind’s products are gluten-free and nut-free. They do not contain any wheat, barley, rye, or oats, or any nuts, such as almonds, walnuts, or peanuts. However, some products may contain ingredients that are derived from gluten or nuts, such as oat kernel extract, almond oil, or coconut oil. Cocokind advises people with gluten or nut allergies to check the ingredient list of each product before using it, and to patch test it first.
- How long do Cocokind’s products last? Cocokind’s products have a shelf life of 12 to 24 months, depending on the product and how it is stored. Cocokind recommends storing its products in a cool, dry, and dark place, away from direct sunlight, heat, or moisture. Cocokind also advises checking the expiration date of each product, which is printed on the bottom of the packaging, and discarding any products that have expired, changed color, smell, or texture, or caused irritation.
Cocokind is a skincare brand that offers natural, organic, vegan, cruelty-free, and sustainable products that are effective, affordable, and accessible. Cocokind has a loyal and growing fan base, who love its products and values. Cocokind also has a variety of products for different skin types and concerns, as well as ways to save money and earn rewards when you shop on its website. If you’re looking for a conscious skincare brand that cares about your skin and the planet, you might want to give Cocokind a try. You can find more information and shop for its products on its official website, www.cocokind.com, or on other platforms, such as Amazon, Target, ULTA, and Whole Foods. Thank you for reading this blog post, and we hope you enjoyed it. Have a great day!