Eyebrows are not just a part of our anatomy, they are also a way of expressing our personality, mood, and style. Eyebrow trends have changed over the years, from thin and arched to thick and bushy, and everything in between. One of the latest eyebrow trends that has been making waves on social media and runways is the caterpillar eyebrow. But what exactly are caterpillar eyebrows, and are they a yay or a nay? Let’s find out.
What are caterpillar eyebrows?
Caterpillar eyebrows are a style of eyebrow that resembles a caterpillar – yes, the fuzzy insect. There are two main types of caterpillar eyebrows: the feathered and the straight.
Feathered caterpillar eyebrows
The feathered caterpillar eyebrow is a messy and fluffy style that involves brushing the eyebrow hairs in different directions, creating a textured and voluminous look. This style was popularized by British supermodel Cara Delevingne, who is known for her bold and bushy brows. To achieve this look, you need to have long and thick eyebrow hairs, or use a brow gel or soap to lift and hold them in place. You can also use a brow pencil or powder to fill in any gaps and define the shape.
Straight caterpillar eyebrows
The straight caterpillar eyebrow is a more subtle and sleek style that involves having a straight and archless brow shape that points towards the temples. This style was inspired by Asian brows, which naturally have a softer curve and a lifted effect. This style was also adopted by celebrities like Kendall Jenner, who has a soft and straight brow shape. To achieve this look, you need to have a medium to thick brow density, or use a brow pomade or wax to sculpt and smooth them. You can also use a brow highlighter or concealer to accentuate the brow bone and create contrast.
What are the pros and cons of caterpillar eyebrows?
Caterpillar eyebrows are not for everyone, and they have their own advantages and disadvantages. Here are some of the pros and cons of caterpillar eyebrows:
- Caterpillar eyebrows can make your eyes look bigger and more expressive, as they draw attention to your eye area and frame your face.
- Caterpillar eyebrows can give you a youthful and fresh look, as they mimic the natural brow shape of children and teenagers.
- Caterpillar eyebrows can suit different face shapes and features, as they are versatile and adaptable. You can adjust the thickness, length, and angle of your caterpillar eyebrows to suit your preference and style.
- Caterpillar eyebrows can save you time and money, as they require less maintenance and grooming than other brow styles. You don’t need to pluck, wax, or thread your brows as often, and you can use minimal products to enhance them.
- Caterpillar eyebrows can look unnatural and overdone, especially if they are too thick, dark, or long for your face and skin tone. They can also clash with your hair color and style, and make you look older or harsher than you are.
- Caterpillar eyebrows can be hard to achieve and maintain, especially if you have sparse, thin, or light brows. You may need to use multiple products and tools to create and set your caterpillar eyebrows, and they may not last long or smudge easily.
- Caterpillar eyebrows can be a passing trend or a fad, and they may not be in fashion for long. They may also not suit your personal taste or professional image, and you may regret following them later.
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about caterpillar eyebrows:
- Q: How do I know if caterpillar eyebrows suit me?
- A: The best way to know if caterpillar eyebrows suit you is to try them out and see how you feel and look. You can use a brow product or tool to temporarily create caterpillar eyebrows, or use a photo editing app or website to see how they would look on you. You can also ask for feedback from your friends, family, or a professional brow stylist.
- Q: How do I take care of my caterpillar eyebrows?
- A: To take care of your caterpillar eyebrows, you need to keep them clean and hydrated, and avoid over-plucking or trimming them. You can use a gentle cleanser and a moisturizer to wash and nourish your brows, and use a spoolie brush to comb and shape them. You can also use a brow serum or oil to stimulate growth and condition your brows.
- Q: How do I remove my caterpillar eyebrows?
- A: If you want to remove your caterpillar eyebrows, you have several options depending on your preference and budget. You can use a tweezers, a razor, or a scissors to trim and shape your brows, or use a wax, a thread, or a laser to remove them. You can also use a brow tint or a bleach to lighten or darken your brows, or use a makeup remover or a cleanser to wipe off any brow products.
Caterpillar eyebrows are a fun and trendy way to spice up your look and express your personality. They can also enhance your eyes and face, and give you a youthful and fresh vibe. However, they are not for everyone, and they have their own pros and cons. You need to consider your face shape, features, skin tone, hair color, and style before deciding to try them out. You also need to know how to achieve, maintain, and remove them properly. Ultimately, the choice is yours, and you should do what makes you happy and confident. Caterpillar eyebrows – yay or nay? You decide.