Bleached eyebrows are a bold and edgy beauty trend that has been seen on celebrities, models, and influencers. But what exactly are bleached eyebrows and how do you achieve them? In this blog post, we will answer some of the most common questions about bleached eyebrows and give you some tips and tricks on how to rock this look.
What are bleached eyebrows?
Bleached eyebrows are eyebrows that have been lightened with a chemical product, usually hydrogen peroxide, to match lighter-colored hair or create a striking contrast. Bleaching your eyebrows can change your whole appearance, as it alters the shape and expression of your face. Some people bleach their eyebrows to soften their features, brighten their complexion, or make a statement.
Why are bleached eyebrows popular?
Bleached eyebrows have been a popular trend in the fashion and entertainment industry for a long time. They are often seen on runways, magazines, and red carpets, as they create a dramatic and futuristic look. Some of the celebrities who have rocked bleached eyebrows include Lady Gaga, Gigi and Bella Hadid, Kendall Jenner, and Julia Fox.
Bleached eyebrows are also popular among people who want to experiment with their style and express themselves. Bleaching your eyebrows can be a fun and temporary way to change your look and try something new. It can also be a way to challenge the conventional standards of beauty and femininity.
How do you bleach your eyebrows?
There are two ways to bleach your eyebrows: at home or by a professional. If you decide to bleach your eyebrows at home, you will need a bleaching kit that is designed for facial hair, such as Jolen Creme Bleach ($7). You should also do a patch test on your jawline before applying the bleach to your eyebrows, to make sure you are not allergic or sensitive to the product.
To bleach your eyebrows at home, follow these steps:
- Pull your hair away from your face and secure it with a headband or clips.
- Remove any makeup from your brows and clean them with a gentle cleanser.
- Mix the bleaching powder and developer according to the instructions on the package.
- Apply the mixture to your brows with a cotton swab or a small brush, covering them completely.
- Keep an eye on the clock and check the color of your brows every few minutes. The longer you leave the bleach on, the lighter your brows will become. However, do not exceed the recommended time on the package, as it can damage your skin and hair.
- Wipe away the bleach from your brows with a damp cloth or cotton pad. Rinse your face with water and pat it dry.
- Apply a moisturizer or a soothing cream to your brows and the surrounding skin.
If you prefer to bleach your eyebrows by a professional, you can visit a salon or a brow bar that offers this service. A professional will be able to assess your skin tone and hair color and choose the right shade and strength of bleach for you. They will also be able to apply the bleach evenly and safely, and monitor the process closely. A professional bleaching session can cost anywhere from $10 to $50, depending on the salon and the location.
What are the pros and cons of bleached eyebrows?
Bleached eyebrows have some advantages and disadvantages that you should consider before trying this trend. Here are some of the pros and cons of bleached eyebrows:
- They can make your eyes pop and draw attention to your face.
- They can match your hair color if you have dyed it a light shade.
- They can give you a fresh and youthful look.
- They can be a fun and creative way to express yourself.
- They can damage your skin and hair if you use the wrong product or leave it on for too long.
- They can make your brows look sparse or invisible if you have thin or light hair.
- They can clash with your skin tone or natural hair color if you choose the wrong shade of bleach.
- They can require more maintenance and touch-ups, as your brows will grow out and show their natural color.
How do you style bleached eyebrows?
Bleached eyebrows can be styled in different ways, depending on your preference and mood. Here are some of the ways you can style bleached eyebrows:
- Leave them bare and natural, for a minimalist and effortless look.
- Fill them in with a brow pencil or powder, for a more defined and polished look. You can choose a shade that matches your hair color or go for a contrasting color for a more dramatic effect.
- Brush them up with a clear or tinted brow gel, for a more textured and fluffy look. You can also use a colored brow gel to add some dimension and color to your bleached brows.
- Add some glitter or rhinestones, for a more festive and glamorous look. You can use a glitter gel or a lash glue to stick the sparkles to your brows.
How do you take care of bleached eyebrows?
Bleached eyebrows need some extra care and attention, as they can become dry, brittle, and prone to breakage. Here are some tips on how to take care of bleached eyebrows:
- Use a gentle cleanser and moisturizer on your face, to avoid irritating your skin and brows.
- Apply a nourishing oil or serum to your brows, to hydrate and condition them. You can use coconut oil, argan oil, castor oil, or any other natural oil that suits your skin type.
- Avoid plucking, waxing, or threading your brows, as they can cause more damage and irritation. If you need to shape your brows, use a pair of scissors or a razor to trim them carefully.
- Protect your brows from the sun, as they can fade or turn yellow. Use a sunscreen or a hat to shield your brows from the UV rays.
Bleached eyebrows are a daring and trendy beauty choice that can transform your look and make you stand out. Whether you want to match your hair color, create a contrast, or just have some fun, bleached eyebrows can be a great way to experiment with your style. However, bleaching your eyebrows also comes with some risks and challenges, so you should always do your research and be careful before trying this trend. If you are unsure or nervous about bleaching your eyebrows, you can always consult a professional or use a temporary product, such as a brow mascara or a concealer, to achieve a similar effect. Remember, bleached eyebrows are not for everyone, but if you like them and feel confident with them, go ahead and rock them!