If you have Asian lashes, you know how hard it can be to find a mascara that works for you. Asian lashes are typically short, straight, and sparse, which means they need a mascara that can lengthen, curl, and volumize them without weighing them down or smudging. But how do you know which mascara is the best for your lashes? And how do you apply it to get the most out of it? In this blog post, we will answer these questions and more, and share with you our top picks for the best mascaras for Asian lashes.
What are the characteristics of Asian lashes?
Asian lashes are not all the same, but they tend to have some common characteristics that make them different from other types of lashes. Some of these characteristics are:
- Short: Asian lashes are usually shorter than average, which means they need a mascara that can add length and definition to them.
- Straight: Asian lashes are often very straight, which means they need a mascara that can curl them and hold the curl throughout the day.
- Sparse: Asian lashes are usually less dense than average, which means they need a mascara that can add volume and thickness to them.
- Oily: Asian lashes are often more prone to oiliness, which means they need a mascara that is waterproof or smudge-proof to prevent it from transferring or flaking.
What are the best types of mascara for Asian lashes?
The best types of mascara for Asian lashes are those that can address the specific needs and challenges of Asian lashes. These are:
- Lengthening mascara: This type of mascara contains fibers or polymers that adhere to the lashes and extend them beyond their natural length. Lengthening mascara is ideal for Asian lashes that are short and need more definition.
- Curling mascara: This type of mascara has a curved wand or a formula that helps to lift and curl the lashes. Curling mascara is ideal for Asian lashes that are straight and need more shape.
- Volumizing mascara: This type of mascara has a thick and creamy formula that coats the lashes and makes them look fuller and thicker. Volumizing mascara is ideal for Asian lashes that are sparse and need more impact.
- Waterproof mascara: This type of mascara has a water-resistant formula that prevents it from smudging or flaking due to sweat, humidity, or oiliness. Waterproof mascara is ideal for Asian lashes that are oily and need more staying power.
How to apply mascara for Asian lashes?
Applying mascara for Asian lashes can be tricky, but with the right technique and tools, you can achieve amazing results. Here are some tips and steps to follow:
- Curl your lashes: Before applying mascara, use an eyelash curler to curl your lashes and open up your eyes. Start from the base of your lashes and gently squeeze the curler for a few seconds. Then, move the curler to the middle and the tip of your lashes and repeat the process. This will create a natural and lasting curl for your lashes.
- Choose the right mascara: Depending on your lash type and preference, choose a mascara that suits your needs. You can also mix and match different types of mascara to get the best of both worlds. For example, you can use a lengthening mascara first, and then a volumizing mascara on top to get both length and volume. Or, you can use a curling mascara first, and then a waterproof mascara on top to get both curl and staying power.
- Apply the mascara: Start from the base of your lashes and wiggle the wand back and forth to coat every lash. Then, pull the wand up to the tip of your lashes and repeat the motion. This will help to separate and define your lashes. You can also use the tip of the wand to reach the inner and outer corners of your eyes and the lower lashes. Apply one or two coats of mascara, depending on how dramatic you want your lashes to look. Avoid applying too many coats, as this can make your lashes look clumpy and heavy.
- Clean up any mistakes: If you have any mascara smudges or flakes on your eyelids or under your eyes, use a cotton swab dipped in makeup remover to gently wipe them off. Be careful not to rub your lashes, as this can ruin your mascara.
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about mascara for Asian lashes.
- Q: How can I make my mascara last longer?
- A: To make your mascara last longer, you can use a lash primer before applying mascara. A lash primer is a product that conditions and prepares your lashes for mascara, and helps to boost its performance and longevity. You can also use a lash top coat after applying mascara. A lash top coat is a product that seals and protects your mascara, and helps to prevent it from smudging or flaking.
- Q: How can I remove waterproof mascara?
- A: To remove waterproof mascara, you need to use a makeup remover that is specially formulated for waterproof makeup. You can use a liquid, cream, or oil-based makeup remover, depending on your preference. Soak a cotton pad with the makeup remover and gently press it on your eyes for a few seconds. Then, swipe the cotton pad downwards to remove the mascara. Repeat until your lashes are clean. Avoid rubbing or pulling your lashes, as this can damage them.
- Q: How often should I replace my mascara?
- A: You should replace your mascara every three to six months, or sooner if it smells bad, changes color, or becomes dry or clumpy. Using an old or expired mascara can cause eye infections, irritation, or allergic reactions.
Our Top Picks for the Best Mascaras for Asian Lashes
Here are our top picks for the best mascaras for Asian lashes, based on our research and personal experience. These mascaras have received rave reviews from customers and experts alike, and have proven to be effective and suitable for Asian lashes.
- TonyMoly The Shocking Cara Extreme Lash: This lengthening mascara is full of wispy-looking fibers that adhere to your lashes and extend them beyond their natural length. The stiff, short-bristled brush promises defined separation and modest product delivery per each swipe. This mascara is great for Asian lashes that need more length and definition.
- Clio Kill Lash Superproof Mascara: This mascara has the tiniest brush of all the mascaras on this list, which means that it’s great for definition and getting those corner lashes. The formula is a little moussier than TonyMoly’s formula, so when you want a much more natural and lightweight look, you can wipe off the excess product from the brush before applying. This mascara is great for Asian lashes that need more precision and control.
- Espoir Nomudging Mascara Waterproof XP: This mascara has a medium sized brush that might be on the chubbier side, but it has the heaviest formula. So you can use this mascara when you’re looking for controllable volume. But you should always wipe off the excess before going in and applying. This mascara is great for Asian lashes that need more volume and impact.
- Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl Mascara: This product is basically like Too Faced’s Better Than Sex Mascara, but for Asian girls. It has a small, easy-to-control brush, and a easily manipulated formula, which allows for better adaptability to each person’s preferred mascara texture. This mascara is great for Asian lashes that need more curl and staying power.
- L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Makeup Lash Paradise Mascara: This mascara is a cult-favorite among many beauty lovers, and for good reason. It has a thick and creamy formula that coats your lashes and makes them look fuller and thicker. It also has a soft and fluffy brush that delivers the right amount of product and separates your lashes. This mascara is great for Asian lashes that need more drama and intensity.
We hope you enjoyed this blog post and learned something new about mascara for Asian lashes. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below. And don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family who might benefit from it. Happy mascara shopping!