Fat water is a term coined by Rihanna’s skincare line, Fenty Skin, to describe a hybrid product that combines the benefits of a toner and a serum in one step. It is a thick, milky liquid that is infused with hydrating, brightening, and pore-refining ingredients, such as hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, tamarind, and Barbados cherry.
Fat water is designed to be applied after cleansing and before moisturizing, without the need for a cotton pad. It absorbs quickly into the skin, leaving it plump, smooth, and radiant. It also helps to balance the skin’s pH, reduce excess oil, and fade dark spots.
Fat water is suitable for all skin types, especially those who are looking for more hydration and glow. It is also vegan, cruelty-free, gluten-free, and free of sulfates, parabens, and artificial fragrances.
What are the Benefits of Fat Water for Skin?
Fat water has many benefits for the skin, thanks to its powerful ingredients. Here are some of the main ones:
- Hydrates and strengthens the skin’s moisture barrier. Fat water contains hyaluronic acid, tamarind, and panthenol, which are humectants that attract and retain water in the skin. They also help to fortify the skin’s natural barrier, which protects it from environmental stressors and prevents moisture loss.
- Brightens and evens out the skin tone. Fat water contains niacinamide, which is a form of vitamin B3 that has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-aging properties. Niacinamide helps to improve the appearance of enlarged pores, fine lines, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation. It also boosts the skin’s collagen production and reduces redness and irritation.
- Softens, conditions, and nourishes the skin. Fat water contains Barbados cherry, kalahari melon, and green tea extracts, which are rich in vitamin C, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids. They help to soothe, repair, and replenish the skin, while also fighting free radical damage and inflammation.
How to Use Fat Water for Skin?
Fat water is easy to use and can be incorporated into your daily skincare routine. Here are the steps to follow:
- Cleanse your skin. Use a gentle cleanser that suits your skin type and rinse with lukewarm water. Pat your skin dry with a soft towel.
- Apply fat water. Squeeze a pea-sized amount of fat water into your palms and rub them together. Then, pat the product onto your face and neck, avoiding the eye area. You can also use your fingertips to gently massage the product into your skin.
- Moisturize your skin. Follow up with a moisturizer that matches your skin type and needs. You can also add a sunscreen if you are going out during the day.
You can use fat water twice a day, in the morning and at night, for optimal results.
FAQs About Fat Water for Skin
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about fat water for skin and their answers:
- What is the difference between fat water and regular water? Fat water is not actually water, but a skincare product that has a thick, milky consistency. It is called fat water because it is packed with hydrating and nourishing ingredients that make the skin feel plump and smooth, like a baby’s fat cheeks.
- Is fat water good for oily or acne-prone skin? Yes, fat water is good for oily or acne-prone skin, as it helps to balance the skin’s oil production, reduce shine, and unclog pores. It also contains niacinamide, which is known to regulate sebum, calm inflammation, and prevent breakouts.
- Can I use fat water with other skincare products? Yes, you can use fat water with other skincare products, as long as they are compatible with its ingredients and pH level. For example, you can use fat water with vitamin C, retinol, or exfoliating acids, as they can enhance its brightening and anti-aging effects. However, you should avoid using fat water with products that contain alcohol, fragrance, or harsh chemicals, as they can irritate or dry out your skin.
- How long does it take to see results from using fat water? The results from using fat water may vary depending on your skin type, condition, and goals. However, some users have reported seeing improvements in their skin’s hydration, brightness, and texture within a few days or weeks of using fat water. For more noticeable and lasting results, you should use fat water consistently and follow a healthy lifestyle.
What are the Top 5 Fat Water Products for Skin?
Fat water is a relatively new concept in the skincare industry, and so far, there is only one product that is officially called fat water, which is the Fenty Skin Fat Water Hydrating Milky Toner Essence. However, there are other products that have similar features and benefits, such as:
- Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA+BHA Pore-Tight Toner. This is a hydrating and pore-refining toner that contains watermelon extract, cactus water, PHA, BHA, and hyaluronic acid. It helps to smooth, plump, and brighten the skin, while also removing impurities and dead skin cells.
- Laneige Cream Skin Refiner. This is a moisturizing and soothing toner that contains white leaf tea water, glycerin, and meadowfoam seed oil. It helps to nourish, hydrate, and calm the skin, while also strengthening its barrier and preventing dryness.
- Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Toner. This is a hydrating and toning toner that contains rosewater, rose petals, angelica leaf extract, and hyaluronic acid. It helps to soften, moisturize, and balance the skin, while also removing dirt and debris and enhancing the absorption of other skincare products.
- Drunk Elephant Sweet Biome Fermented Sake Spray. This is a hydrating and balancing spray that contains sake extract, coconut water, sodium PCA, and ceramides. It helps to replenish, restore, and support the skin’s microbiome, while also reducing redness and inflammation.
- Tatcha The Essence Plumping Skin Softener. This is a hydrating and anti-aging essence that contains green tea, rice, and algae. It helps to boost the skin’s hydration, radiance, and elasticity, while also enhancing the performance of other skincare products.
These are some of the top 5 fat water products for skin that you can try and see which one works best for you. Remember to patch test any new product before using it on your face, and consult a dermatologist if you have any skin concerns or allergies.
I hope this blog post was helpful and informative for you. If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to leave a comment below. Thank you for reading and have a great day!